Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Ferry tickets discounted for the day of the randonee using this link guys:

https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/en/isle-of-wight-guide/events/archive/isle-of-wight-randonnee/

£11.20 return 👍

CXRAndy

Guru
found this tonight :okay:

1645474505902.jpeg

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I'm just booking the ferry now. What time do you reckon we'll be heading back?

[EDIT] Scratch that, I'm an idiot - specific time slots are just for cars.

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Here is a possible route for a "pony pootle" on the afternoon of Saturday 30th April, before the IoW ride on Sunday :smile:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38858360

We will need to use the Hythe ferry to get over to the new forest - it runs hourly on Sundays. I can do a test of this route if this looks good to those who might want to come along. It is based on a short sportive route so should be alright :smile: @Norry1 @Peter Salt
I'm the least experienced so will fly along with whatever the rest comes up with :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Here is a possible route for a "pony pootle" on the afternoon of Saturday 30th April, before the IoW ride on Sunday :smile:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38858360

We will need to use the Hythe ferry to get over to the new forest - it runs hourly on Sundays. I can do a test of this route if this looks good to those who might want to come along. It is based on a short sportive route so should be alright :smile: @Norry1 @Peter Salt

Looks great Nick. Never been to the New Forest.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I've posted about this on the main Zwift thread as well as the sportives section but will mention on here as well.

Taking part in the 'Big Fat Bike Ride' on the 7th May (Saturday), doing the 100-mile route. @Ketty expressed interest and @Joffey seemed inquisitive.

100 mi (160km), 7500ft (2325m) of climbing.

Planned to give our most experienced riders, (already comfortable on our Fullock route), a new challenge. The Epic is guaranteed to test, taking you deep into the stunning Dales and up some of Yorkshire's most iconic climbs. Setting off from Ilkley and heading through Bolton Abbey and up the valley, your first leg warmer skirts around Appletreewick, climbs to Hebden and flattens through Grassington and Kettlewell, where you'll stop for your first refreshments. Thereafter you'll snake up the breathtaking (literally) Park Rash with it's 25% inclines and hairpin bends and on through Coverdale. Stop for a quick refresh in Swinithwaite before your next big climb up Kidstones. Then it's all down hill back to Kettlewell and lunch. You're onwards towards Kilnsey, before picking up the route to Malham and your final challenge of the day. Riders will need experience of long distances and Yorkshire (style) territory to get the most from this day. Ride Marshalls will be around to mentor and coach but for your own safety and enjoyment, riders will have to make our checkpoints by certain times to continue on the ride.

GPS Route

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
We've said 10AM from Southampton :okay:

Martin and Peter are both planning to come down on Saturday and do a gentle ride on Saturday afternoon, too. The more the merrier on both days :smile:

Top Bottom