Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
£120 sounds about right given they will likely use their core kit as a base?
I am happy to wait. I have Rapha kit going back 7 years, been used and washed lots and still good. Equally if consensus is buy now at a more reasonable cost then I am in too. Depending on the design.;)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
For what it’s worth, and I’m only educated guesstimating here ( is that a real thing?!)... any rapha offering is going to be £140 plus minimum. Everyone happy with that?
erm, no :banghead: I'm happy paying for quality, but never been one who follows the crowd and pays for the label. They're all made in the same far eastern sweat factories, it's just the label that goes on them that makes them different :tongue:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
£120 sounds about right given they will likely use their core kit as a base?
I am happy to wait. I have Rapha kit going back 7 years, been used and washed lots and still good. Equally if consensus is buy now at a more reasonable cost then I am in too. Depending on the design.;)

I’m not sure Rapha would approve our design anyway! ^_^

I’d say at that price point it sounds like the core kit too. I’d assume price depends on order size. I have a boat load of Rapha gear. Some better than others. The quality is normally very good though. The price? Well that’s a long debate as always... I don’t have any of the core stuff but it’s bottom of their range and I’ve heard the quality is noticeably worse (this may of been the bibs I’m thinking of). As a reference the core jersey goes for £75 normally. So £55 on top for a personal design of our assumptions are correct.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I’m not sure Rapha would approve our design anyway! ^_^

I’d say at that price point it sounds like the core kit too. I’d assume price depends on order size. I have a boat load of Rapha gear. Some better than others. The quality is normally very good though. The price? Well that’s a long debate as always... I don’t have any of the core stuff but it’s bottom of their range and I’ve heard the quality is noticeably worse (this may of been the bibs I’m thinking of). As a reference the core jersey goes for £75 normally. So £55 on top for a personal design of our assumptions are correct.

Noticeably worse? Oh dear. Receiving a Core waterproof jacket for Xmas.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Noticeably worse? Oh dear. Receiving a Core waterproof jacket for Xmas.

It’s a rain jacket. Unfortunately you’ll only know when it rains if it’s any good ^_^.

To be fair one rain jackets probably as good as another past a certain level. I think the difference beteeen bib shorts that are comfy and ones that aren’t can be an entirely different (and sore) experience.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I took a punt in the sales at £50 and Mrs B said will pay for it for Xmas. She got off lightly. I have sportful norain gear too for Noah like conditions but it’s a bit ott given I am not likely to go out in a downpour anymore. Wanted something light and waterproof for the Pyrenees in Case weather changed and this will more than do.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Yeah it’s a rain jacket Bob. I wouldn’t worry about it too much bud. If it’s long enough at the back and the arms, and you don’t get wetter through the sweat than the rain. Then all good!

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

RAIN JACKET ! i am taking a parasol and sun cream ole !

Don’t forget your hi-vis vest!

A57B5037-090E-47E0-8EEE-3F37476808F5.jpeg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
120 quid for the rapha is that for the jersey only?
the price of some of their shirts you only get half a jersey for 120
i was tempted with a pair of their shorts when i found out they do crash damage return - but it is hard to part with that sort of cash for a pair of shorts
i have got to admit it their kit does scream quality but might be a bit ott for a vrteam

Breedon

Legendary Member
the price of some of their shirts you only get half a jersey for 120
i was tempted with a pair of their shorts when i found out they do crash damage return - but it is hard to part with that sort of cash for a pair of shorts
i have got to admit it their kit does scream quality but might be a bit ott for a vrteam
Well if it is £120 just for the jersey then thats me out, obscene amount.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
well if one out that idea is out then !
Afraid at that price I'm with @Breedon . I was hoping we could make it an inclusive club for all those on the forum who want to join and who currently actively ride under the banner of CycleChat whether on Bkool or Zwift - £120 for a single top though is certainly more than I can go to :sad:

Top Bottom