Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by TurboTommy, 24 Sep 2017.

1. Jim Brown

Jim Brown go on then.. just one more...

Very very interesting.. :thumbsup::cheers:

Randyberlin likes this.
  2. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I'm not too far Randy from Peterborough. If you fancy a pint the night before Cambridge, let me know?

Randyberlin likes this.
  3. rob01792

rob01792 Über Member

Whorty likes this.
  4. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

Great. I registered for the 95 mile route but if I can I may try the 120 with @Add. He is so much faster he could do the extra loop and still be ahead of me.

Add, rob01792 and Breedon like this.
  5. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Pacing Randy:okay:. I actually only decided at the food stop where you have to decide either 95 or 120. It's around mile 80 if I remember correctly. I was still feeling ok, plummed for the 120. Only at mile 110 did it really feel a mammoth task.

6. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

I'll see you there. I'm booked for the 2nd and 3rd. Looking at the Melo Velo ride.

CXRAndy and Breedon like this.
  7. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

No problem, let me know via this forum where your staying at the time I'll pop down:okay:

8. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

I am staying at the Days inn. I'll be riding from Cardiff. Maybe Gloucester the first night then Northampton the second night getting into Peterbough the 3rd day. I hope to get there in time to see @LBHIFI race.

I bought round trip to Cardiff so I can fly home after the double devil.

9. rob01792

rob01792 Über Member

bloody hell u got some mileage there hope u got some legs left for the double d

Randyberlin, Whorty and TurboTommy like this.
  10. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

Nearer the time if you want company on the Northampton Peterborough leg I could tag along as I live close by
    If not then I could always give you a gps file to get you on the quieter road s if you want

Randyberlin, Whorty and CXRAndy like this.
  11. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

Yeah. I saw your area is on the way. It would be great if I could ride with you. Any advice on routes or more importantly food would be welcomed. On my last ride in Washington a bakery had polenta cakes. Evidently a british thing.
    Spending a lot of time in the Sustrans site. After Peterborough i think I'll head north. Into @Goldwolfie area. I think @Soarerv8 is up that way also. That ride you did in Scotland last year looked great. I wouldn't do the huge days you did. Are there places to stay in shorter distances?

TurboTommy and berty bassett like this.
  12. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Veteran

The idea is by the time I get back to Wales I'll be in better shape. Are you planning on the 120 mile route?

rob01792 likes this.
  13. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Soarer lives about 10 miles from my home. If I can we'll do a little ride if you pass up from Peterborough

Soarerv8 and Randyberlin like this.
  14. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

if your talking about the northcoast 500 there are a few places bed and breakfast - a bit dear some of them - stayed in 4 and would give you the name of 3 ( one of them wasn't much cop ) i would book in advance though
    one along the top ( near tounge ) had a sauna in the room and was well worth it - might have to ask for that room
    there was a pub in the middle of nowhere that did rooms and was a perfect place to end a hard day
    and a place near latherton called forse of nature that was cheap and run by youngsters
    anything i can do to help i will - i don't go to city centres and skirt round them but i do know that if you stay on the right side of england from peterborough you miss all hills till you nearly get to the humber bridge
    i did do a ride from home to john ogroats where i stayed pocklington ,long town ,perth ,dingwall and mey - you could have them gpxs and tweak to your needs as i blundered through edingburgh and further up i was dobbing on and off the old a9 what runs next to the new one but is rundown in places
    oh and if you were on about the nc500 - dont forget there is a effing big hill near applecross that needs fresh legs and then its hills for 3 days from then on
    also if you go pass durness could you look out for the bit of skin that used to cover my elbow

Last edited: 24 Jan 2018
    Breedon and Randyberlin like this.
  15. rob01792

rob01792 Über Member

last year I done the 95, I think this years nearer 130 I probably do the 95 but ill see how my cycling goes nearer the time
    when I had finished had some pasta jumped in my car started my journey home bout 5 mins in I seen andy and the look of him as put me off doing the 120/130 route but what an awesome effort by andy and I think most of it he was solo

Add and Randyberlin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice