Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
At this point I'm planing on book ending the Cambridge ride on the 3rd- (where I expect all of you to ride slow enough to keep up with me - seriously I'm looking at the Mellow Velo ride) and the 95 mile double devil on the 24th. I have reservations in Peterborough and wales but no plan in between. I'm thinking of riding north to Scotland then back down to Wales.
I'm spending a lot of time on the Sustrans site.

I'm not too far Randy from Peterborough. If you fancy a pint the night before Cambridge, let me know?

No problem, let me know via this forum where your staying at the time I'll pop down:okay:
I am staying at the Days inn. I'll be riding from Cardiff. Maybe Gloucester the first night then Northampton the second night getting into Peterbough the 3rd day. I hope to get there in time to see @LBHIFI race.

I bought round trip to Cardiff so I can fly home after the double devil.

rob01792

Über Member
bloody hell u got some mileage there hope u got some legs left for the double d

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am staying at the Days inn. I'll be riding from Cardiff. Maybe Gloucester the first night then Northampton the second night getting into Peterbough the 3rd day. I hope to get there in time to see @LBHIFI race.

I bought round trip to Cardiff so I can fly home after the double devil.
Nearer the time if you want company on the Northampton Peterborough leg I could tag along as I live close by
If not then I could always give you a gps file to get you on the quieter road s if you want

Nearer the time if you want company on the Northampton Peterborough leg I could tag along as I live close by
If not then I could always give you a gps file to get you on the quieter road s if you want
Yeah. I saw your area is on the way. It would be great if I could ride with you. Any advice on routes or more importantly food would be welcomed. On my last ride in Washington a bakery had polenta cakes. Evidently a british thing.
Spending a lot of time in the Sustrans site. After Peterborough i think I'll head north. Into @Goldwolfie area. I think @Soarerv8 is up that way also. That ride you did in Scotland last year looked great. I wouldn't do the huge days you did. Are there places to stay in shorter distances?

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah. I saw your area is on the way. It would be great if I could ride with you. Any advice on routes or more importantly food would be welcomed. On my last ride in Washington a bakery had polenta cakes. Evidently a british thing.
Spending a lot of time in the Sustrans site. After Peterborough i think I'll head north. Into @Goldwolfie area. I think @Soarerv8 is up that way also. That ride you did in Scotland last year looked great. I wouldn't do the huge days you did. Are there places to stay in shorter distances?

Soarer lives about 10 miles from my home. If I can we'll do a little ride if you pass up from Peterborough

berty bassett

Legendary Member
if your talking about the northcoast 500 there are a few places bed and breakfast - a bit dear some of them - stayed in 4 and would give you the name of 3 ( one of them wasn't much cop ) i would book in advance though
one along the top ( near tounge ) had a sauna in the room and was well worth it - might have to ask for that room
there was a pub in the middle of nowhere that did rooms and was a perfect place to end a hard day
and a place near latherton called forse of nature that was cheap and run by youngsters
anything i can do to help i will - i don't go to city centres and skirt round them but i do know that if you stay on the right side of england from peterborough you miss all hills till you nearly get to the humber bridge
i did do a ride from home to john ogroats where i stayed pocklington ,long town ,perth ,dingwall and mey - you could have them gpxs and tweak to your needs as i blundered through edingburgh and further up i was dobbing on and off the old a9 what runs next to the new one but is rundown in places
oh and if you were on about the nc500 - dont forget there is a effing big hill near applecross that needs fresh legs and then its hills for 3 days from then on
also if you go pass durness could you look out for the bit of skin that used to cover my elbow

Last edited:

rob01792

Über Member
The idea is by the time I get back to Wales I'll be in better shape. Are you planning on the 120 mile route?

last year I done the 95, I think this years nearer 130 I probably do the 95 but ill see how my cycling goes nearer the time
when I had finished had some pasta jumped in my car started my journey home bout 5 mins in I seen andy and the look of him as put me off doing the 120/130 route but what an awesome effort by andy and I think most of it he was solo

Top Bottom