Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Satellite navigation hey!

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I'm not around either so can't make it ... otherwise I would have asked HID for a weekend pass :cry:

Edit - I'm talking rubbish, I'm away the following weekend so might be able to make it. Def need to negotiate with HID :tongue:

Sorry, I was getting a little carried away there. I completely forgot you’re ten thousand times better at cycling than me now.

I’ll see you in the pub later.. :wacko::okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry, I was getting a little carried away there. I completely forgot you’re ten thousand times better at cycling than me now.

I’ll see you in the pub later.. :wacko::okay:
Only in the virtual world where there are no corners, traffic lights, other cyclists, real descents (I ride on my breaks the whole time on a descent) ..... all I have to do in the virtual world is pedal, IRL I have bike handling to think about, and I'm got great at bike handling :surrender: Even Bob could keep up with me in the real world when we rode the IoW :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Only in the virtual world where there are no corners, traffic lights, other cyclists, real descents (I ride on my breaks the whole time on a descent) ..... all I have to do in the virtual world is pedal, IRL I have bike handling to think about, and I'm got great at bike handling :surrender: Even Bob could keep up with me in the real world when we rode the IoW :whistle:

^_^

Yeah but I had to fall off to give you a chance to catch up:tongue:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I assume it's if we ever want to set up a website .... but not sure that was on the cards (I can do a bit of HTML and CSS if we did want to go that route although I must warn you my day rate fees are not cheap :cheers: )

We'd need to buy the domain, buy web hosting etc .... not expensive but not free. Like others have alluded to, need to choose the name the same time as the domain to ensure the domain you want is available.

I can provide web hosting, if needed, along with stuff like cpanel and Wordpress, so long as the bandwidth requirements aren't high.

Geoff

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Can't make the ride but the local grocery store had this. I'll make a cup while you dudes are riding as a show of support.
IMG_20180115_073621.jpg

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m gutted I can’t do it this year Randy I really am. It’s still the best event I’ve ever done. Brutal but brilliant. Hopefully a few guys do the ride this year and the organisers keep it going. Have you finalised your own plans yet? It would be great to meet up with you at some point if you make it over here.

I’m gutted I can’t do it this year Randy I really am. It’s still the best event I’ve ever done. Brutal but brilliant. Hopefully a few guys do the ride this year and the organisers keep it going. Have you finalised your own plans yet? It would be great to meet up with you at some point if you make it over here.
At this point I'm planing on book ending the Cambridge ride on the 3rd- (where I expect all of you to ride slow enough to keep up with me - seriously I'm looking at the Mellow Velo ride) and the 95 mile double devil on the 24th. I have reservations in Peterborough and wales but no plan in between. I'm thinking of riding north to Scotland then back down to Wales.
I'm spending a lot of time on the Sustrans site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom