1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by TurboTommy, 24 Sep 2017.

1. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Pretty much Rob, the first big climb with other riders, photo with Adam on the crest. I then caught upto Dean and Tommy just before first food stop. I then never actually rode with anyone else. I saw several people, usually overtaking me, pesky Bianchi youths:smile:. I felt good at mile 80, buy by mile 100 I was wishing for finish to be around the next bend. The hardest part was about 10 miles over the moortops on the busy A route. Headwind and seemingly endless road. I would recommend the 120/130 if you're in good shape at mile 80

TurboTommy and rob01792 like this.
  2. kipster

kipster Veteran

I'm interested in the DD this year, not bothered about which route as happy to ride with others in a group, looking for a good day in the saddle with chat and laughs along the way, so will do the ride the majority decide on.

Just need to book the ride and a place to stay

rob01792 and Randyberlin like this.
  3. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

whos gonna do DD then ? does anyone know when it is

Randyberlin likes this.
  4. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Über Member

Whorty and berty bassett like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

We’re in France Berty.

6. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

i thought it clashed with something :blush: ignore my texts then

7. Breedon

Breedon Veteran

When i got to the top of the devil's elbow where adam was waiting i was ready to jack it in, i think i even said i cant go on, but Tommy and adam talked me into finishing and found my second wind to finish couldn't bear the thought of Tommy doing the rest solo.
    You doing it solo was steel balls :biggrin: kudos for doing it.

Randyberlin and TurboTommy like this.
  8. gbrown

gbrown Geoff on Bkool

Surely 95 miles is enough for anyone?

Although I have to say, if it were me I'd be forced to round it up to 100 miles by my CDO (like OCD but the letters are in the right order)! :laugh:

9. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

95 is plenty! Trouble is you then miss out one of the devil climbs and that’s a bit of a pity.

Whorty likes this.
  10. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Miss out is just the wrong description:stop:

Enjoy the suffering, fear of falling off:laugh:

Whorty and TurboTommy like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

Dean don’t sell yourself short mate. We all get that little voice in our head sometimes saying ‘enough’. But you told that little voice to STFU!! And that’s all that counts :training:.

Plus if I’d of carried on solo I’d of never found my way out of there and you know it! :laugh:

Breedon and Randyberlin like this.
  12. rob01792

rob01792 Über Member

Yes but this year ur hitting the staircase at about 95 miles in on the 130 miler
    But randy if u want to do the elbow another time I'll take u on a nice 70ish mile loop taking in the elbow. the staircase is the nicer scenery of the 2

TurboTommy likes this.
  13. rob01792

rob01792 Über Member

Just after the staircase 20170528_113851.jpg

14. Randyberlin

Randyberlin Über Member

. Uh...Thanks?

TurboTommy likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    TurboTommy

TurboTommy Veteran

As nice as that photo is it still doesn’t do that view justice. Stunning. What a day Rob!

Breedon and Randyberlin like this.