Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
seen andy and the look of him as put me off doing the 120/130 route but what an awesome effort by andy and I think most of it he was solo

Pretty much Rob, the first big climb with other riders, photo with Adam on the crest. I then caught upto Dean and Tommy just before first food stop. I then never actually rode with anyone else. I saw several people, usually overtaking me, pesky Bianchi youths:smile:. I felt good at mile 80, buy by mile 100 I was wishing for finish to be around the next bend. The hardest part was about 10 miles over the moortops on the busy A route. Headwind and seemingly endless road. I would recommend the 120/130 if you're in good shape at mile 80

kipster

Guru
I'm interested in the DD this year, not bothered about which route as happy to ride with others in a group, looking for a good day in the saddle with chat and laughs along the way, so will do the ride the majority decide on.

Just need to book the ride and a place to stay

Breedon

Legendary Member
Pretty much Rob, the first big climb with other riders, photo with Adam on the crest. I then caught upto Dean and Tommy just before first food stop. I then never actually rode with anyone else. I saw several people, usually overtaking me, pesky Bianchi youths:smile:. I felt good at mile 80, buy by mile 100 I was wishing for finish to be around the next bend. The hardest part was about 10 miles over the moortops on the busy A route. Headwind and seemingly endless road. I would recommend the 120/130 if you're in good shape at mile 80

When i got to the top of the devil's elbow where adam was waiting i was ready to jack it in, i think i even said i cant go on, but Tommy and adam talked me into finishing and found my second wind to finish couldn't bear the thought of Tommy doing the rest solo.
You doing it solo was steel balls :biggrin: kudos for doing it.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
last year I done the 95, I think this years nearer 130 I probably do the 95 but ill see how my cycling goes nearer the time
when I had finished had some pasta jumped in my car started my journey home bout 5 mins in I seen andy and the look of him as put me off doing the 120/130 route but what an awesome effort by andy and I think most of it he was solo

Surely 95 miles is enough for anyone?

Although I have to say, if it were me I'd be forced to round it up to 100 miles by my CDO (like OCD but the letters are in the right order)! :laugh:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Surely 95 miles is enough for anyone?

Although I have to say, if it were me I'd be forced to round it up to 100 miles by my CDO (like OCD but the letters are in the right order)! :laugh:

95 is plenty! Trouble is you then miss out one of the devil climbs and that’s a bit of a pity.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
When i got to the top of the devil's elbow where adam was waiting i was ready to jack it in, i think i even said i cant go on, but Tommy and adam talked me into finishing and found my second wind to finish couldn't bear the thought of Tommy doing the rest solo.
You doing it solo was steel balls :biggrin: kudos for doing it.

Dean don’t sell yourself short mate. We all get that little voice in our head sometimes saying ‘enough’. But you told that little voice to STFU!! And that’s all that counts :training:.

Plus if I’d of carried on solo I’d of never found my way out of there and you know it! :laugh:

rob01792

Über Member
Yes but this year ur hitting the staircase at about 95 miles in on the 130 miler
But randy if u want to do the elbow another time I'll take u on a nice 70ish mile loop taking in the elbow. the staircase is the nicer scenery of the 2

rob01792

Über Member
Just after the staircase
20170528_113851.jpg

Top Bottom