Turbo trainer bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Mrs SG and I bought a cheap second hand road bike to fit on the turbo. Spare seatpost and quick release clamp means we can swap saddles easily and quickly. At £80 its a cheap solution.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Why do you have to make sure the derailleur is 9, 10 or 11sp? I used to have an 8sp for the turbo bike and a 10sp on the road going bike. You just need something that fits it doesn't matter the components or weight

The Kickr is a direct drive trainer, so you need to be a little careful, not everything will fit. Normal 8-11 speed is listed.

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/204281854-Replacing-the-Cassette

postman

Legendary Member
I have just put my Giant Ribcon mtb back on my turbo.I am not getting out as much as i like,so anything on the turbo is a bonus,and i do not find it boring.I Pod on some music and away i go.I would rather do time on that ,than not do anything at all.

Lonestar

Veteran
Problem now.Missing the geared Audax so maybe looking for another n+1 to stick on the Turbo Trainer and release the Audax for normal use.

Plus point is I caned my workmate on ride back yesterday in that 80 degree heat after doing a 5am shift....He was struggling and he admitted it.First time I have ever been better (in 10 years?).I still had spare change after as I did 9 miles or just over 30 mins on the turbo non stop.

He said he's done 370 commute miles this month but I've done 340.

I've also done 294 miles on turbo trainer bike this month on the basis a mile takes 4 minutes.Target to beat 315 miles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom