Turbo trainer kaput

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My elite qubo has gone wrong as the resistance magnets are not moving and are stuck in a fairly easy gear, they do not move at all.
Having read up on the subject it seems to be a known fault with this trainer series and you can get unjammed by manually turning the motor arm that moves the magnet but mine is is jammed I cannot physically move it so it looks like it is toast.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time as I have already stopped club riding as I can't even afford a coffee stop ATM .
 

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
Have you tried going into Elite app and stepping through resistance levels end to end?
 

Tenkaykev

Guru
Location
Poole
It says in the Elite guide that the screw should be turned with the help of a little nipper - whatever that is. I presume some sort of pliers, rather than the mouse trap of the same name?

https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/hc/en-...igital-Smart-B-Novo-Smart-Realtour-Evo-Intera

I followed the link and saw the " little nipper " reference. I looked at the page in Italian as I take it that's the original language and the relevant word was " pinzetta " ( as far as I could make out, I don't speak Italian ). This translates to tweezers.
 
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I followed the link and saw the " little nipper " reference. I looked at the page in Italian as I take it that's the original language and the relevant word was " pinzetta " ( as far as I could make out, I don't speak Italian ). This translates to tweezers.

i have tried that , i got it half a turn using the end of a flat head screwdriver till the bit its on about was out of reach but cant get it to turn any further and the gap is too small to get a pair of pliers in .Tried using my fingers but its too stiff to budge.
 

Legs

usually riding on Zwift or up steep hills...
Location
Staffordshire
Buy cheap, buy twice. Elite turbo trainers have a dreadful reputation for accuracy. You could buy another one from eBay for £30?

However, I do have a Sterzo steering unit - when the PCB fried, I emailed Elite and they were very responsive - they posted me a new PCB from Italy, FOC.
 

Binky

Veteran
It couldn't have happened at a worse time as I have already stopped club riding as I can't even afford a coffee stop ATM .

Ride outside on your own and don't stop?
 

Binky

Veteran
I think the last time I bought a coffee or a cake on a bike ride was 2005!

I do have a coffee stop sometimes, always if on a club social ride as it's de rigueur then and sometimes on my own if a longish ride but I often ride and don't. My issue isn't the money, I get terrible cafe legs after!
 
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Buy cheap, buy twice. Elite turbo trainers have a dreadful reputation for accuracy. You could buy another one from eBay for £30?

However, I do have a Sterzo steering unit - when the PCB fried, I emailed Elite and they were very responsive - they posted me a new PCB from Italy, FOC.

It was second hand to start with.
 
Top Bottom