Turbo trainer tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Hi folks, with my boundless sense of timing I acquired an old steel Bianchi a few weeks ago, planning on upgrading during the summer as well as getting some rides in, then a repaint over winter.... well... the long rides are out... anyway I fitted a set of Vittoria Corsa Graphene tanwalls within minutes of picking her up (the old tyres were toast) but now she's going to be seeing most use on a trainer for the foreseeable future i expect I'll get trainer tyre... my question is whether it's practical to flip the tyres over several times a week, I remember that the Corsas were the usual PITA to get on that any folding tyre is, do they stay that bad? If I were to ride it to the allotment on the trainer tyre would it bite me?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would run an old unwanted tyre rather than a specific turbo trainer tyre. If I were switching bike between road and trainer on a weekly basis or more I would use a permanent wheel for the turbo, the cheaper the better.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Right now getting wheels shipped to me is rather harder than getting a tyre :-) .. ive got one set stuck in the parcels office at work (now locked down).... plus the old wheels and new wheels arent compatible... old wheel is 7-speed Exage, but Im upgrading to 11-speed Centaur... dont have any old tyres to use either, the Bianchi is the first penny-penny I've owned after 20-odd years of Bromptons and other dinky-wheelers...

Top Bottom