Turning 30

Turning 30 is..........

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found turning 35 far more depressing - that's officially middle aged and definitely well on the way to 40 ;)

tyred

Legendary Member
In reality, I feel happier and more at peace with life and myself now than when I was turning twenty:thumbsup:

HelenD123

Guru
Priscilla Parsley said:
mmm interesting mixed responses, I wonder how many got more into cycling at 30, I only got obsessed with it in my 30th year.

I got into cycling in my very early 30s. One of the best things I've done (except for today when it's decided to snow after I've cycled to work:wacko:).

AdamBlade

Yep, I started commuting when I was 29 and really got the bug when I hit 30. I now commute daily and try to get out at the weekends when possible.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
punkypossum said:
I found turning 35 far more depressing - that's officially middle aged and definitely well on the way to 40 ;)

The reason I found 35 more depressing was having to tick the box that said 35-44 on forms - somehow 44 seemed really old - problem is I've only a few more years before I would have to tick the next box now!!!

HelenD123 said:
I got into cycling in my very early 30s. One of the best things I've done (except for today when it's decided to snow after I've cycled to work:wacko:).

Late 30's for me... wish I had discovered it earlier...

In reality for me turning 30 was no big deal - party with the friends etc, as I was happy with my life. I had a friend who has refused/ignored both his 30th and 40th birthday's completely.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I will hit the big 3-0 in 7 months.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Didn't bother me turning 30, even less turning 40.
Also didn't do anything special for those birthdays, much to the chagrin to Mrs Ianrauk.

And following up on previous posters, after not being on a bike for 18 years.. getting back on one at the age of 40 was one of the best things I have ever done..

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Whenever you approach a birthday ending in 0, you might be told there are things you are too old for.

Until recently, I was beginning to think I would be too old for long hair at forty eleven, ;) but no, I am not. :wacko:

I have also been told I am too old to wear orange. :biggrin: You can guess whether or not I took notice of that. :sad:

I started cycle commuting when I was 32, and now (36 in May) I am starting to cycle just for fun. I've been sporty all of my life, but the advantage of cycling as you get older is that it is low impact. At least, it is supposed to be low impact! ;)

HelenD123

Guru
magnatom said:
I started cycle commuting when I was 32, and now (36 in May) I am starting to cycle just for fun. I've been sporty all of my life, but the advantage of cycling as you get older is that it is low impact. At least, it is supposed to be low impact! ;)

Not when you fall off!

Top Bottom