Turning 30

Turning 30 is..........

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
La la la la 60 next year.Bus pass and all.I don't care about age.But cycling just gets better with age.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
when I turned 30 I remember my surprise that I didn't feel anymore than 12 months older than when I turned 29, you can imagine my shock when the same thing happened at 40

Moose

I'm a little bit puzzled by age - deep down I still feel like a teenager and have (what I'd normally call) childish impulses and yet most people think I'm older than I actually am - how can that be?

Just before I hit that milestone I had a mid life crisis (or whatever they call it). I was living in Dublin at the time and decided that although I was loving it (had been for 4 and a bit years) I couldn't afford to settle down and moved back to Scotland. Part of me says it was right decision part of me says it wasn't; I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side ;).

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
snapper_37 said:
Do you normally get a beard as you get older then!!!
I'd love to put a laughing smiley after that, but unfortunately the answer for me appears to be "yes" :biggrin:

Looking back, I've enjoyed my thirties far more than my twenties. I might be less agile and slightly more bearded, but am much more at home with myself. At the moment I expect a gentle decline during my forties, followed by a sharp improvement caused by early retirement.

Sig SilverPrinter

Turning 30 was great.I came out of a 10yr relationship that was going nowhere which meant i got to do more cycling :sad:.I had actually bought this guy a bike to try and get him out cycling with me but to no avail.
I never had a problem turning 30 or even 40,other people make more of a big deal out of it[i am thinking of my sister here].
Hope I still feel the same way when i reach 50 , now that really is old :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Hope I still feel the same way when i reach 50 , now that really is old ;)

:biggrin::ohmy::biggrin: "I am older and I have more insurance". ;):thumbsup::wacko::boxing:

:biggrin::wahhey::smile::wahhey::wahhey:

love using that line ;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
tyred said:
I'll be thirty in a few months time. I don't give a shoot to be honest. It's just a number and nothing different will happen. If there is something I'm able to do at 29, then I'm sure I'll still be able to do it when I'm 30.

Last week it dawned on me that i was eligible for Saga membership then consoled myself with the thought that there's thirty years to go before I get to my mid life crisis :smile:

Well I've voted for 'bleak'.

Argh 30 yes it happened to me...doesn't help that I've been ill since THE DAY I became 30, three bloody colds one after the other, the first one (started on my birthday) lasting a month. My 30th also coincided with the first really freezing day and I'm still cold!

Thing is I had a great time in my 20s (finishing uni, got a great job, moved and made loads of friends, got married, as did a lot of my mates, had some fantastic trips abroad, and generally had a good time) but the last couple of years it has sort of all drifted (which I know is partly my own fault and I also know is nothing to do with being 30 as such). Not sure how to get it back now - I think I've missed the boat a little.

Sorry, didn't mean to dump that but there it is - so far 30 has sucked :smile:

Top Bottom