TV aerial cable query - advice sought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Ok, I got the proper connector, attached to each of the pair of cables in turn and got no signal when auto-tuning the telly (either on AV or DV). Next thing for me to check whether the standard RF socket on the wall is connected to the aerial. I'm doubtful of this because there's no sign of any coax cable on the outside of the house. It's been recently rendered again and I can't imagine they'd have done that over a cable but you never know.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ok, I got the proper connector, attached to each of the pair of cables in turn and got no signal when auto-tuning the telly (either on AV or DV). Next thing for me to check whether the standard RF socket on the wall is connected to the aerial. I'm doubtful of this because there's no sign of any coax cable on the outside of the house. It's been recently rendered again and I can't imagine they'd have done that over a cable but you never know.

I thought they'd be the cabling from the dish that is no more. :tongue:

Milkfloat

An Peanut

Would assume the cable is in the wall cavity.

Top Bottom