TV Licensing - Bloody Cheek!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just got a standard pro-forma letter from TV Licensing this morning.

They notice I haven't a TV licence and if I haven't because I don't have a TV I should fill in the form on the back of the letter and post it back to them.

There's a pre-addressed envelope and the top right hand corner bares the legend 'you need to use a stamp' - oh yeah?!!

It's all in the bin now :eek:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They have been hassling my wife's uncle for many years. They simply do not believe he hasn't a TV.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Chill, they'll send someone round eventually.. it keeps people in gainful employment.. however.. when that person asks for his/her bus fare/ petrol costs.....................

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
...enclose a note saying if they send another one you'll do it again. Except you'll enclose a house-brick.

peanut

they caused my Dad such stress with their constant threats of legal action and stuff that he paid for a TV licence even though he's never had nor would have a TV :eek:
the bastewards need sorting.

Bluddy bbc all our money goes to pay the fees of that fat mouthy slob JR
Mrs P and I have only watched one program in the past week that wasn't a repeat of old drivel.

Same goes for Sky+ i cancelled that last week . £19.50 a month for more endlessly recycled repeats

Some years ago (I was in my 30's I think) they wrote asking if I wanted to take up the reduced fee I was entitled to by virtue of my advanced age. I wrote back saying, if it was ok with them, I'd hang onto the form for about 40 years and get back to them.

zacklaws

Guru
When I lived on my own for about 3 years, I was constantly plagued by "TV licensing" with there threatning letters because I did not have a TV licence, none of which I returned. They even used to pay me visits but they never caught me, not that I was avoiding them, but I would always be at work.

Even though I did have a TV, it was not connected to an aerial, which meant that I could not receive any programmes but I had it just plugged into my video player. Underneath my TV, I used to keep a print out of the rules and regulations from TV licensing in case a snotty official caught me in, which stated that you do not need a licence if you are not connected to an antenna as that is what the licence is for, "receiving", so I could show them in black and white that it was legal what I was doing.

This information was hard to find on their website, and one day I actually met a licensing officer at work, and mentioned this to him, and he told me that they did not want it to be found so easily as people could be intimidated into buying a licence even though they may not need one. Owning a TV, does not mean you need a licence. Doing a search now of their site now does not even show this info yet it can be found in a "Wiki"

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
All true. I also quizzed one of Them directly on this, as we had a tv at work which was only ever used to play vids, for work-related stuff. He confirmed explicitly that if you don't 'receive', you don't need a license, period.

NickM

Veteran
User said:
They've tightened up the law with the advent of live TV transmitted by different means (e.g. via the internet).
Ours is one of the 2% of households which does not own a television; we do, however, have an Internet connection.

How does the TV Licensing Authority propose to catch us watching a live TV broadcast on our computer?

NickM

Veteran
User said:
Though quite how they'd catch you I'm not sure...
Well, quite. Given that I'm not going to invite them in...

User said:
Don't be surprised if they decide to make ISP's disclose who's watching live broadcasts over the net.
Nothing about the behaviour of people who describe themselves as an "Authority" surprises me :eek:

Bokonon

Über Member
I haven't had a threatning letter from TV licensing for ages. I'm feeling left out now :sad:;)

They haven't even sent people round to visit, despite promising to do so. Unless they are cunningly disguising themselves are mormons.

Top Bottom