Tv reception.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
With the current heatwave, we can only receive bbc and lesser channels clearly, all ITV channels are breaking up consistently so impossible to watch. I thought going digital was meant to eliminate weather interference. It clearly doesn't and it is very frustrating.

classic33

Leg End Member
Coronal Mass Ejection?

Rezillo

TwoSheds
We've had days of glorious sunny weather - coolish air temperatures (22C yesterday) but very strong sunlight in exceptionally clear air. It cooled down a bit this pm, though.

The problem is high pressure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/weather

Nothing you can do about it unless you can receive more than one transmitter, in which case it's worth a try manually tuning to the ITV mux on the other one, even if it is weaker.

Castle Acre in Norfolk yesterday - just stunning:

castle acre.jpg

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With the current heatwave, we can only receive bbc and lesser channels clearly, all ITV channels are breaking up consistently so impossible to watch. I thought going digital was meant to eliminate weather interference. It clearly doesn't and it is very frustrating.
We did this one last summer! :okay:

Every time we have a heatwave, I can't get a signal on many channels on tv. Tonight, no signal for ITV or BBC but the lesser channels are working. Strange as I thought digital was supposed to give better reception than analogue.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Coronal Mass Ejection?
No thanks, I've already had one .... must change my sheets :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you thought of changing the arial ?

Changed ours at our Caravan near Prestatyn last year as it 'fell to bits'. Can now get Granada, Wales and Isle of Mann ! Before, even Granada got a bit pixelated.

postman

Legendary Member
Talking about receptions,i once went to a wedding on the Moon.Reception was great rubbish atmosphere though.

Top Bottom