TV Schedules.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Err, I didn't say it wasn't, I just meant you need to know where to look.
Sorry - mouse trouble - I meant to quote NotthatJasonKenny!
ColinJ - when your present PVR wears out you could stick a dish up and buy a Freesat+ box. That way you'll get more channels than Freeview heavy (but not Dave and not Sky News), including ITV4.
I'm hoping that by then broadband speeds will be so high that most TV viewing will be HD via the 'net!

I'm getting 17 Mb/s even without the latest technology and that could already support a pretty good picture quality.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
The Internet is deff the future of TV. I download so much as word of highlights the good stuff!

Davidc

Guru
How come Hebdon Bridge gets 17Mb/s and we only get 3?

We can just about watch standard quality BBCi and ITV player! I doubt TV over broadband would offer us anything extra that we want, so I'm happy to do without indefinitely, but would like higher broadband speeds for other things.

ColinJ

How come Hebdon Bridge gets 17Mb/s and we only get 3?

We can just about watch standard quality BBCi and ITV player! I doubt TV over broadband would offer us anything extra that we want, so I'm happy to do without indefinitely, but would like higher broadband speeds for other things.
I was on TalkTalk already and got a call from them in January saying that they had just installed ADSL 2+ in the HB exchange and would I like to upgrade my account, get higher speeds and save myself some money at the same time? Er, yes please!

They guaranteed 8 Mb/s but I am only about 250 metres from the exchange so the signal doesn't have to travel down much wire before it gets to me. In fact, I had an Openreach engineer here a week or so back to replace my ancient master socket and his diagnostic checks showed less than 1.5 dB loss from the exchange, which is very good, and all the other figures were great too.

You can use this tool to check what is happening at the exchanges in your area. My exchange is scheduled for superfast broadband by the end of 2013. People in Mytholmroyd (just down the road from here) have their own exchange and can already order it.

ColinJ

I love technology. Here I am, browsing CC from the viewing gallery while my daughter has her swimming lesson. Just read Colin's post, so logged in to my PVR and set it to record. Ahhhh.
That's a snazzy feature! I can't do anything fancy like that with mine but I am happy with it apart from its crap ad-hopping and fast forward & rewind.

My old analogue PVR would step a recording forwards 30 seconds with one push of a button, 1 minute with a double press and so on, and step back 5 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds and so on. It was very easy to jump quickly to the end of ad breaks.

My new Freeview PVR only goes backwards and forwards in steps of 2 minutes which is way too coarse. Some breaks are 4 minutes and those are fine. It's the ones that are 3 minutes (or any other non-multiple of 2 minutes) that are the problem.

The picture in FF and Rew doesn't accurately show where Play will start from so it is very easy to undershoot or overshoot an ad break. I find myself stepping forward too far, using Rew to go back and not going back far enough, doing more Rew and overshooting, then having the same problem going the other way so I often give up and let it just start from whether it wants to. If I am very heavy-handed with FF and Rew, the PVR gets its eKnickers in a twist and crashes, which means I have to power it down and reboot it!

Top Bottom