Twas a bit windy today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corshamjim

I got to a meeting in town by cycle this morning quicker than my wife did in the car thanks to the tail-wind. Thankfully my journey home was in two stages (to the office at luchtime then home at the end of the day) do I didn't have to take the headwind all in one hit.

roubaix murry

Yeh was a little brutal this morning. I left 10 mins earlier so I could bimble along without having to bust a gut.
Homeward bound in a hour so should be flying, downwind most of way!!

Suecsi loving your reaction to bike being blown over, take a photo first!!!!! :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looking out as i was about to set off for night shift ....

40 mph gusts , pissing it down on unlit back roads....

S*d That :blink:

Taking enough clothes for all of next week to save a bit of weight for the usual Friday/Monday hauls.

Yes i can mtfu but sometimes its nice to have a break from the :bicycle:

I was cycling in to work this evening thinking how lucky I'd been to miss the worst of the wind. I stopped at lights and kicked up my rear wheel (fixed) to get my pedal set when a gust came from the opposite direction of the general wind and whipped the bike through almost 180 degrees.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I had a hard ride into work this morning. After the 3 mile mark my route turns to the west, right into this morning's headwind. It was quite a struggle to keep up any kind of speed on the flat and I had to keep going into the drops to ease the strain.

Luckily it was behind me most of the way home this evening so I had it easy going. I even managed to get home withing 1/2 hour.

Madcyclist

I loved the ride in this morning, 11 of the 16 miles against the wind and just 8 minutes more than expected. After 6 months off the bike following a torn ligament mountain biking it was such a relief sitting in the saddle powering away against the wind on my fixed wheeler with no reaction at all from the knee. Didn't enjoy the tailwind return as much, just cruised along with ease afraid to spin the pedals too much, must be mad after all !!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I went out for a walk on the hills this afternoon and was really glad I wasn't out on my bike, it was that windy.

When I got home, I put the local news on and heard that two people were killed in West Yorkshire this afternoon. A pedestrian was killed in Leeds when a truck blew over on him. A lorry driver was killed elsewhere when his vehicle was blown over.

The weatherman said the wind was gusting to over 70 mph.

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
Sounds like you all had either a hard journey or a really easy journey!

Mine was downright terrifying to the point I had to avoid the main roundabout on my route for fear of being blown in to traffic. Serious cross winds thrashing me about one way or another, with the occasional strong headwind just to pi$$ me off even more. Glad it's eased off a bit now
mellow.gif

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The weatherman said the wind was gusting to over 70 mph.

Great Dun Fell made it to 81mph :ohmy:

It's days like today that make me wish I didn't have part of my commute commute straight at the sea. The cross wind on the exposed cycle path with big ditches on either side was 'fun' as well, but the hail topped it off. Strangely fun though
blink.gif

I admit all this weather was my fault - I decided to wear shorts today
cold.gif
:biggrin:

suecsi

I did check my bike was ok first ...... :whistle: but thankfully the front pannier bag is wider so took the impact. Lights were ok, but then I smashed the back of my Cateye last night at home somehow, probably doing the fold and not paying attention. I need to get a new front light now.

I had to give up cycling the short distance home (1.5 miles) as the headwind I could cope with, but the cross winds were vicious as I rounded a corner by the school, blowing me into traffic. So I walked about 0.5 miles and then the remainder was on a pavement cyclepath with a tail wind ...... wheeeeee !!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom