Twas a bit windy today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brommie77

Crosswinds were strong enough that when I parked the Brompton outside the office and got my keys out to open the door as I was the first person there - heard a clunk and the Brompton had blown over :sad:- the weight of the front bag I think, though, because of the width of the bag, the coffee cup in the right hand rear pocket took most of the impact.

Oh No! not the coffee cup - how can you last the whole day :ohmy:

Bman

Guru
I was travelling north west this morning, so most of the journey I had a head wind or side winds. Only managed a poor 11.5mph average.

I hope to make that up tonite with a nice sub 30min commute home :smile:

suecsi

Oh No! not the coffee cup - how can you last the whole day :ohmy:

Much as people like to rail against the dominance of Starbucks .... their £10 red coffee cup - which was my Secret Santa present at work - is absolutely unmarked and didn't even leak! (it was full) It does fit rather nicely into the rear pocket of my S bag - people look at me fascinated when I slot it in there in the mornings and then ride off ....

suecsi

Thats a good idea, I'd never thought of that!

Works great. Probably works better with a C bag though, I think the pockets are taller. It actually worked better with my old, pre 2010 S bag, which had velcro topped pockets, rather than these side zipped ones, but having road tested the new bag, it still works ok.

The cup doesn't keep the coffee hot for very long though - it isn't like a flask or double walled - but for a 10 minute ride to the office it's fine.

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 43

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Blown to a stop on a slight hill on the way home this morning.

On this bit i am usually in 50x17 , was in 34x 19 gritting the teeth into the wind when a particularly bad gust just stopped me in my tracks here..
My link

Fairly hairy when the wind was on the side with the panniers acting like sails and blowing me about a fair old bit :ohmy:

suecsi

Sun has come out but the clouds are stilll moving pretty rapid - hopefully it should be a bit better tonight, the last mile is on a busy road with lots of WVM and courier vans, will probably get off and walk if it gets too windy .....

Brommie77

Works great. Probably works better with a C bag though, I think the pockets are taller. It actually worked better with my old, pre 2010 S bag, which had velcro topped pockets, rather than these side zipped ones, but having road tested the new bag, it still works ok.

The cup doesn't keep the coffee hot for very long though - it isn't like a flask or double walled - but for a 10 minute ride to the office it's fine.

Cool - cheers, might try that I've got one somewhere

Brommie77

Sun has come out but the clouds are stilll moving pretty rapid - hopefully it should be a bit better tonight, the last mile is on a busy road with lots of WVM and courier vans, will probably get off and walk if it gets too windy .....

All I can see out of the window is the lamposts swaying rather alarmingly - doesn't bode well, setting off in a few minutes

dand_uk

dam windy on the way home in soton, was heading west directly into the wind, pushed off as the light went green then hardly moved enough to get my clipless in!

Was fun on the way in tho, basically didnt pedal much lol

Norm

I was down to using the car. On the upside, I was at my desk at least an hour earlier than if I had been cycling, on the downside, I won't be able to eat for the rest of the month to make up for the calories I didn't burn. :biggrin:

Top Bottom