Twenty rack bag poser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianpallen

Über Member
I bought a bicycle bag off ebay. There were no sizes and I thought it would fit on the twenty.
It will fit on a rack, but I have to drill holes in the bottom to bolt it down. My wife says it will ruin the bag. She likes hte bag but will never use it for herself.
I have measured where the mount holes go onto masking tape, but I am fighting myself to whether drill holes or not.
It will not fit inthe plastic tray on the rack. The bag has two hanger brackets on one side ownly. I am unsure if it is supposed to be a handle bar bag. I have been lookinh on ebay and found a cheap rack / pannier bag that looks nice and has straps to fir the bag onto a rack.
I have bought and waiting for a small bag to put some tools in and fit it under the saddle, but wont be able to access it if hte blue bag goes on the bike.

Attachments

• DSC_0119.JPG
    DSC_0119.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0120.JPG
    DSC_0120.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0121.JPG
    DSC_0121.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 3

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Not familiar with the rack on the bike, however could you not rig up some non-invasive straps to loop through the anchor points on both(?) side(s) and down through / under the rack?

Seems a shame to drill holes in it..

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
Not familiar with the rack on the bike, however could you not rig up some non-invasive straps to loop through the anchor points on both(?) side(s) and down through / under the rack?

Seems a shame to drill holes in it..

The anchor points are only on one side. It does have hte handle loops, but I would think it would pull the sides of the bag out a bit.
I am thinking of buying one of hte rear bags that have a bottle / drinks holder on the back of it.

Top Bottom