Twenty20 World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Anyone keeping up with this tournament? England have been playing so well throughout the whole competition, they are currently in the Semi Final against Sri Lanka. They are bowling well and looking competitive. Good chance to make the final. I find it hard to believe so many people (round my way anyway) don't even know it's going on!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Not on normal TV though, I have been following the results on the net and radio though. They do seem to be doing well.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm watching it but cricket isn't very popular on CC as I've discovered when my posts about it sink without trace!
The main thing that irritates me about England at the moment is that the first 3 batsmen speak with South African accents !

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

What a performance! A comprehensive victory, so impressive. The other semi tomorrow will be interesting, I would certainly not write Pakistan off. However the England v Australia final would be huge!

England have a good squad with a number of exciting young players: I particularly like the look of Tim Bresnan.

BUT WTF is Ryan Sidearsebottom doing in the X1? He's shite!

Agree with Rich about the kaffers in the team, though! And that's without Strauss! ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Good to see the bowlers keeping it so tight to give the batsmen a fighting chance. 129 was never going to enough the way we are playing at the moment.

4F

Dayvo said:
England have a good squad with a number of exciting young players: I particularly like the look of Tim Bresnan.

BUT WTF is Ryan Sidearsebottom doing in the X1? He's shite!

Agree with Rich about the kaffers in the team, though! And that's without Strauss! ;)

Allan Lamb, Robin Smith, it's always been the same. I wonder what Zola Budd is doing these days

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I feel slightly differently about Strauss and Prior who came over when they were early teens with their parents and probably feel English whereas the others are opportunist mercanaries.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Sidebottom played bloody well today, a good early wicket. Have to say though i'm a big fan of Anderson, he would be my first choice. Sidebottom is a good aggressive bowler though.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

I'm going to keep on with this thread, even if nobody seems to be interested! Australia were simply stunning today chasing down that target. Hussey was sublime, what a performance. Now the final on Sunday, England Vs Australia in a world cup final, yes! :rofl:

4F

darkstar said:
I'm going to keep on with this thread, even if nobody seems to be interested! Australia were simply stunning today chasing down that target. Hussey was sublime, what a performance. Now the final on Sunday, England Vs Australia in a world cup final, yes! :smile:

He certainly was sublime, how on earth did the convicts manage to win that one.

mangaman

rich p said:
I feel slightly differently about Strauss and Prior who came over when they were early teens with their parents and probably feel English whereas the others are opportunist mercanaries.

I agree - I can't get excited about this England side

Pietersen - learned all his cricket in SA but left because of the quota system
Trott/Keiswetter/ played for SA in the under 19 world cup for SA - ie learned all their cricket there

Morgan played International one day cricket for his country - Ireland -in the World Cup.

Basically we are picking the best players from other countries, that we haven't spent a penny on developing, and pilling them into the "England" side. "English" cricket has always been English and Welsh with a few Scots. I find it hard to feel a patriotic lump in my throat when Pieterson/Kiewswetter score lods of runs. They are South African pure and simple and Morgan is Irish pure and simple.

I hope Australia win :smile:

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Wash you mouth out, you hope the Aussies win? Unless you have some Aussie blood then I can't respect that statement.

Top Bottom