Two Deaths: Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The inadequate cowards who sit behind a keyboard sending out their vile messages eh!!:sad:
The worrying thing is that scum like him actually believe in what they say!:angry:

That's the kind of thing that makes even an old leftie hippy like me yearn for the gallows to be brought back.

RIP the two cyclists- tragic. Let's hope the legal process can come up with punishment that isn't a complete insult to the dead for a change.

Should be manslaughter, that's two families destroyed.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Those poor people. This is desperately sad for the families of the two young people that died , I cant even begin to imagine what they must be going through right now.

Just as sad, and maybe even sadder is the bile that some fool on twitter has written, it's a terrible indictment of some sectors of society today, that someone thinks that its all right to write something like that. It beggars belief.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Should be manslaughter, that's two families destroyed.
Those poor people. This is desperately sad for the families of the two young people that died ,
You two do realise that they were married to each other, don't you?

It's very sad for the family - on both sides - and for friends. And as half of a married tandem team it feels closer to me than most on-road deaths. But there's no evidence that this was anything other than a case of people randomly being in the wrong place at the wrong time and suffering the consequences. It happens all the time, and shouldn't change individual behaviour. If it contributes to the changes in policy that are happening anyway, that's a good result for society from an individual tragedy.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You claimed there's no evidence of anything other than bad luck. You can't possibly know that.

On further reading, the police had already attempted to stop the driver and failed so was probably speeding I would imagine........so definitely not just bad luck.

Sara_H

Guru
When it was first reported I was fairly sure I saw in the report that the same car had been onvolved with another cyclist earlier, but I cannot see that being reported anywhere now. I assume I mis read this as being the case, involved with a Police chase.
I remember reading that too.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You claimed there's no evidence of anything other than bad luck. You can't possibly know that.
Bad luck for the victims being in the wrong place at the wrong time is definitely not an exoneration of the driver - and you shouldn't be so naive as to read it as such. The clue's in the phrase "at the wrong place at the wrong time" - at the exact place and time where someone who appears to have been avoiding a police attempt to stop him appears to have been driving extremely dangerously.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Very sad. Lots of people talking about this today, even heard of one person who had had loads of friends contact her because she was a tandem rider before they announced their names.

Top Bottom