Two panniers or four

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CafGriff

I think I have 11 serviceable panniers – (the odd one is a briefcase) predominantly altura – heavy but have always served me well both for durability and waterproofness despite much abuse – my pannier of choice is 56l – and for touring I limit myself to four – I’m of the camp that believes that four is a better balance on the bike – the only tour that I used two on I was uncomfortable on decent hills – having four lets me put in a decent effort when the hills are relatively short and very steep – and on the longer slogs and fast descents the bike is not twitchy at low speeds –ive never used a bar bag so I don’t know how that comes into the equation – I tend to pack the rear panniers to the brim with stuff I don’t need during the day – the front panniers are for stuff I might want – and space for collecting food – that’s not too say that’s the limit of my luggage – tent goes on top of the rack - along with waterproofs and odd bits of warm clothing that I might need during the day depending on how the weather changes View attachment 28529

Hi Psmiffy!! yep I shall be going with the 4 in number, thank you for the input.
I shall be making a purchase hopfully next month. :bravo:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I believe actually the reference is to Animal Farm, whence the pigs start revising the Principles of Animalism written on the side of the barn. "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others." Hitchingtons' quote is also from Animal Farm, hence the reference. If you would take the semi autobiographical "Down and Out in Paris and London", one might think Orwell(or Eric Blair) more of a walker than a cyclist.

Top Bottom