Two things that made me laugh in 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
  1. Portlandia's bicycle rights
  2. The onion's bicycle safety tips
    1. Always use hand signals when turning at intersections. There's nothing motorists pay more attention to than hand signals from bicyclists.
    2. Leaving your bike out in the ice and cold all winter may cause serious damage. But it makes a nice subject for the cover illustration of a short-fiction quarterly.
    3. Always wear a helmet. If this makes you uncomfortable, think of the helmet as a crown and yourself as King Dorko.
    4. Placing your feet firmly on the pedals of the bike will help reduce the "Wheee" sound emitted from your mouth while going downhill.
    5. Insist on a bicycle made of solid matter. Liquid and vapor bikes are a passing fancy; argon frames are particularly shoddy.
    6. Taking your bike in for a professional tune-up is a great way to waste $25.
    7. Be sure to wear your seatbelt, even if just biking down to the corner store.
    8. Fat-bottomed girls may be riding today, so look out for those beauties, oh, yeah.
    9. Visibility is crucial when biking. Ride with a lit highway flare in each hand.
    10. Every three to four weeks, lightly oil the chain. Then dip it in flour and fry it for a real taste treat.
    11. As soon as you buy a bike, talk to your friends about how great Shimano crank sets and STX hubs are.
    12. Does your city have adequate bike paths? If not, consider bitching about it to your local government for the next 40 years.
    13. If rich, spoiled Francis Buxton steals your bike, go on a hilarious and heartwarming journey through the American Southwest to get it back.
    14. Bike safety can never be stressed enough. If you doubt this, try stressing it as much as you possibly can. It won't be enough–guaranteed.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Dunno know why, but I cant read 10 without laughing to myself. Tried about five times .........

Top Bottom