Type of pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a look at Shimano's parts numbers.

Exactly the same axle/bearing assembly goes into a 520 as in the 910, for instance. The part numbers in both cases are the same. A quick search on
http://si.shimano.com should erase any doubt. Many other parts are common too. The differences come where the styling requires a different assembly, such as a different platform or such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning,

I'm not going clipless unless Shimano add the pedals to the Di2 system, electrically operated release, none of this twisting your foot nonsense for me! ^_^

Bye

J1888

Über Member
M520s on the hybrid and they’re fantastic

R550s on the road bike, and while in terms of ‘expense’ they’re the lowest-end item in the bike (rest is all SRAM Force etc) they’re absolutely fine for me.

freiston

Veteran
I've been using a pair of Shimano PD-T400 pedals for the last few years. They are "Click-R" and I have had a few unintentional releases but too few to worry about. I bought them because I wanted double sided SPD (no faffing around turning the pedal to get it the right way round) with reflectors so that I'm "legal" when cycling at night. I can't comment about the enduring quality of the bearings (I don't get out enough to make a judgement on their longevity) but they have given me no cause for concern

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been using a pair of Shimano PD-T400 pedals for the last few years. They are "Click-R" and I have had a few unintentional releases but too few to worry about. I bought them because I wanted double sided SPD (no faffing around turning the pedal to get it the right way round) with reflectors so that I'm "legal" when cycling at night. I can't comment about the enduring quality of the bearings (I don't get out enough to make a judgement on their longevity) but they have given me no cause for concern

I've been using these for a couple of years without too many problems. I had one pair that developed free play and when I stripped, greased and adjusted them I stripped the spindle thread on one of them. The nut was gorrila tight and I used to much muscle getting it undone.

Top Bottom