Typical 4X4's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

very-near said:
Didn't you apply this same argument to the 60mph NSL down to 50 mph a while back ?

Make up your mind because 4x4's are not bought as speed machines.

Most 4x4s are slow to accelerate, drink loads of juice, and as such are not driven that the speeds of 'normal' cars - therefore making them less risky (by your NSL argument)

More irrelevant waffle. I repeat again, for the hard of thinking:

1. Stupidity at the wheel of a 4x4 presents more risk to others than stupidity at the wheel of a smaller and lighter car.

2. Two leading insurance companies have found that 4x4s are more likely to be involved in accidents, and the drivers are more likely to be at fault.

3. Accusations of envy are utterly risible. Most of us have better things to spend our money on.

mangaman

Shut up fatty

That's more like it ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
You need a 4x4 to tow stuff and carry stuff on/in better;)

DSCN2718.jpg

A kayak and canoe on the roof, boot filled, 5 people in the car.
Caravan with a bike in, and other caravan stuff.

This year, it will be 3 kayaks not 2, and 2 bikes, aswell as all the other stuff.;)
Do we need a 4x4?:thumbsup:

U

User482

A large estate car is likely to have more load space than a 4x4.

Joe24 said:
You need a 4x4 to tow stuff and carry stuff on/in better;)

DSCN2718.jpg

A kayak and canoe on the roof, boot filled, 5 people in the car.
Caravan with a bike in, and other caravan stuff.

This year, it will be 3 kayaks not 2, and 2 bikes, aswell as all the other stuff.;)
Do we need a 4x4?:thumbsup:

Is that your BMX bike in the foreground Joe ?

Joe24

Want to sell a kayak Joe?

My brother has designed and made his own(which another company has sort of stolen abit of, and if freestyle kayaks go composit, it could possibly be because of his! Its going to the Worlds, which is like the olympics for freestyle kayaking!). Wouldnt be good for you to start off with though.
I sold mine March this year.
He works in a kayak shop though, so if you needed any sound advice on stuff that would be the place to call/go into, and you would possibly get discount.

User482 said:
. I repeat again more irrelevant waffle for your reference below, for the hard of thinking:

1. Stupidity at the wheel of a 4x4 presents more risk to others than stupidity at the wheel of a smaller and lighter car.

2. Two leading insurance companies have found that 4x4s are more likely to be involved in accidents, and the drivers are more likely to be at fault.

3. Accusations of envy are utterly risible. Most of us have better things to spend our money on.

Corrected ;)

Joe24 said:
No, dutch kids in the trailor tent.
Plastic wheels:becool::thumbsup:

Are you sure you didn't lend it to him Joe ;)

Joe24

very-near said:
Are you sure you didn't lend it to him Joe ;)

Yes Dr Linf, im sure;)
I had my folder when i was on that holiday.
This year my Giant and my fixed are going along.
And 2 boats my brother made, and a squirt boat

skwerl

You're missing the fact that I'm making no sweeping assumptions.

Do you think that the only alternative to a sweeping generalisation is an opposing sweeping generalisation?
"You've may the huge but predictable assumption there that everyone is materially driven. Any that's not the case!"

By stating that everyone is NOT materially driven you're making a sweeping generalisation. You don't know what you're saying is true, except for the handful of people you actually know. So your statement is assumed for the 99.9999...% of the population. How is that not a sweeping generalisation? It is the exact opposite of Linf's generalisation about 4x4 envy.

Joe24

Thanks

I would just like a leisure one really for calm water. Something I could get a bit of exercise on, but also get one or two of my (little) boys on with me for messing about.

New ones are expensive.

Well the sit on tops would be the thing, unless you mean canadian canoes? Thats what i used to paddle. When i was younger, in about year 9, i was in a 19ft canadian canoe paddling it myself. Used to get some right strange looks.
The thing with sit on tops, is they are good to mess around on. You fall out, just tip it back over and it empties itself.
The kayak shop may have some second hand ones in, but from what ive heard, they have been going pretty well.
Canadian canoes are pretty expensive though.
They are good fun Mr P, i spent about 3/4 years paddling canadian canoes.
If its the expense thats getting you though, go to a canoe club! Good fun, learn how to paddle them right and be safe, and you can just borrow all their stuff.

Joe24

Yeah, I might do. We're off to Cornwall, by the Camel estuary, in a few weeks. I have been trying to find someone who might hire me one down there for a week, but no-one seems interested.

Ill see if my brother knows of anyone for you Mr P, they deliver down there abit, so might know of a place to hire one out.........
Make sure you know what your doing before you do go out though.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Given that I apparently have sufficient income to own a landrover, and I use it to further an entertaining and healthy lifestyle, live on the top of a great big steep hill where it snows a lot and make my kids cycle to school, am I a typical 4x4 owner? On the days that I do take them in the car I park three streets away from the school to avoid congestion (which isn't caused by the vehicles, but by lazy stupid drivers by the way) Bear in mind that I haven't been on a plane in 15 years because we always drive to France, recycle as often as I can and don't give a flying f*ck what people think of my wealth or lack of it. Oh, and I could fit a kayak in the boot. Probably, (if it was a small one...)

Does that sum it up and close the arguments now?:smile:

Top Bottom