Typical 4X4's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cant you just tell us what job you do, do?

Many 4x4s are bought with no intention of ever being taken off road. The manufacturers are well aware of this.

What has this fact got to do with saloon cars?

You cannot blame the manufacturer if the customer doesn't want to risk putting a scratch in a mint £30k vehicle.

U

User482

very-near said:
You cannot blame the manufacturer if the customer doesn't want to risk putting a scratch in a mint £30k vehicle.

Of course you can. These vehicles are an utterly cynical exercise in marketing BS.

Nearly though, eh?;);)

The notion I make 'banisters' for bridges is a funny one :sad:
I spend my day designing pathways in anything from 1000 to 5000 tonne presses for semi molten metal to flow through and form close tolerance shapes.

Banisters as you call them or lightweight armco for bridges might be a single profile made and sold by our customers for manufacture, but the next job could be a heatsink, window profile, cycle frame tubing, car chassis's, airframe components or anything which a UK or continental manufacturer can come up with and want made out of ally.

"The owners had been testing out the vehicle in the mud".

Testing for what?

I like the way which you tar all 4x4 owners with the same brush MrP. this would be like calling me a brummie because I get central news on TV

Why didn't you report this one instead for a fuller picture ? - perhaps because it show there are people in all walks of life with all sorts of devices who make bad calls perhaps ?

dodgy

Happens all the time around here -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0KDQoDp8Q

And - http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...s-trapped-in-sand-near-hilbre-80491-23164109/

Always a 4X4.

I heard once that statistically you're more likely to come a cropper in the snow in a 4X4 than a 2WD car. Possibly because a lot of owners go out to 'test' their car's ability in the bad conditions and sometimes crash, while the 2WD drivers are sat at home watching the TV ;)

Top Bottom