Tyre boot question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Bought a new tyre from the bike shop in Bethune, a Conti Grand Sport for just €10. I didn't change the split one, though, and it got me through the back roads from Bethune to Lille with no issue.

I'm on the train up to Calais now; just need to ride from the station to the ferry port, then from Dover Ferry Port to Dover Priory, and from Bromley South to my house, and I'm home and hosed.

Slick

Guru
Bought a new tyre from the bike shop in Bethune, a Conti Grand Sport for just €10. I didn't change the split one, though, and it got me through the back roads from Bethune to Lille with no issue.

I'm on the train up to Calais now; just need to ride from the station to the ferry port, then from Dover Ferry Port to Dover Priory, and from Bromley South to my house, and I'm home and hosed.
Job done then. :thumbsup:

wisdom

Guru
I have carried a wedtite tyre boot in my bag for years and never used it.A couple of days ago son came home from work with a punc### I said give me a minute and I'll fix it.Did the repair only to find a cut in the tyre,quite a big one too.
Off to the bike shop and they had sold out of his tyre size.Ordered one for him but it would not be in for a few days.
Tyre boot sorted it for him to use the bike for work until the new one comes in.
So it proves to me that they do come in useful one day.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have carried a wedtite tyre boot in my bag for years and never used it.A couple of days ago son came home from work with a punc### I said give me a minute and I'll fix it.Did the repair only to find a cut in the tyre,quite a big one too.
Off to the bike shop and they had sold out of his tyre size.Ordered one for him but it would not be in for a few days.
Tyre boot sorted it for him to use the bike for work until the new one comes in.
So it proves to me that they do come in useful one day.

A fiver works just as well and is cheaper :eek:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Mine cost £3 for three.

Pound coins dont work so well

Top Bottom