tyre lever snapped any substitute I can use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
ok i'll try spoons hope this isnt a wind up

If you’re spoons are like mine you stand no chance they have the soft grip handles.

Trying to swap tyres around on my two bikes and damn the gatorskin tyres are so hard to take off literally snapped one of the tyre levers the second one I put in. Would appreciate any other substitutes I could maybe use. Watched a few vids on tyre replacement and they make it look so easy...
For once in contemporary cycling there is a simple cheap answer - Park Tools blue tyre levers.
I reckon they are effectively unbreakable and I've taken off some very tough tyres.

Stephenite

Membå
I’ve had to use a microwave oven, warm soapy water, zip ties, and MC tyre levers before now.

That was to get a solid rubber tyre on to an e-scooter.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
For once in contemporary cycling there is a simple cheap answer - Park Tools blue tyre levers.
I reckon they are effectively unbreakable and I've taken off some very tough tyres.
I would say much the same about Bontrager Red ones.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you don't want to break the tyre lever in the first place, get each of the three under the rim ( about two spokes apart, and not levered down) before getting the free ends down onto a spoke.

Important of course that levers don't bend.
I bought some from a normally decent company that I think are probably unbreakable.
But they achieve this by just bending. So useless.
The Park ones seem stubby compared to some and therefore possibly less effective/less leverage, but I know that they will neither break nor bend.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Managed to do
If you don't want to break the tyre lever in the first place, get each of the three under the rim ( about two spokes apart, and not levered down) before getting the free ends down onto a spoke.
That's actually a 200iq move I'll do that next time. Took the wheel in bike shop after pinch flatting it 3 times. cost £17 but I probably spent that much money on the inner tubes I wrecked alone. To think that I changed the other 3 tyres no problem first time. Only one other was a gatorskin one though. If I somehow puncturing the gatorskins im just going to buy different tyres.

Top Bottom