Tyre levers... anyone used these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
They look like an easy way to fit tight tyres?

Big John

Guru
I've got a very similar one made by Simson I think the name is. They work well on fitting tight fit tyres. I wouldn't call it a tyre lever though because that would give the impression they can remove a tyre. The one I've got I think is called a tyre mate. Difficult tyres can still be difficult even using one of these 🤬

I just use cheap ones from Halford

never had a problem with a bit of thought and brute force

sometimes advancing tech can be a waste of time

but at least cheap plastic tyre levers are better than nicking a couple of teaspoons from the kitchen and getting them back the same shape without your Mum noticing!

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve always found the VAR tyre always works for right tyres.
And for the left one? :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pedros levers for anything really tight, like Shwalbe wired tyres. I like decathlon's own levers as my main ones. The Michelin levers are a bit basic but work, although flexy, but they also double up as a great spacer when doing decking !:laugh:

When I worked at a bike shop I wasn't allowed to use tyre levers for mounting tyres, regardless of make; the only exception was on wheels of 16" or smaller.

It is possible when you learn how to do it; I had very strong thumbs for a while...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
new-ish invention to deal with tubeless compatible rims, which are so "on-trend" now.

Top Bottom