Tyre levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
Hi all,

I am on the lookout for a set of decent tyre levers, the Park Tools ones that I have seem to be very inefficient at getting under the bead because of their relatively blunt ends. The beads just keeps pinging off before I can lever it over and I can't really get underneath it in the first place. I can see this becoming a real issue out on the road when I speedy tube change may be necessary.

I would appreciate any recommendations for another set that alleviate this problem
smile.gif

Tom.

I like my tyre levers that are the side of my topeak multitool, but you also get var (name ?) speed levers which may help you out.

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
That speed lever looks good, not too sure about the fitting to the axle though, does that require removing the skewers at all and can it be used as a regular lever?

rualexander

Legendary Member
I found the Crank Brothers Speed Lever completely useless on anything other than fairly loose mtb tyres which I could get off by hand anyway. It was just way too hard to move the lever around the tyre, eventually the thing just snapped. Took it back for a refund. I use Park Tool levers which I like, yes they are fairy blunt and sometimes slip but better that than damaging the tyre/tube.

Anyone have experience with these?

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave a few moments ago (same levers - different packaging!).

OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
I watched that video a few months ago when I first found I was struggling getting the wire bead back on to the rim with my 23c tyres, works a treat and no real need for the toe straps, it might be a different story with the M+ tyres though!

I am waiting on the arrival of those levers from eBay, dispatched today so here in the next few days hopefully.

Top Bottom