Tyre mistake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
I cant believe ive just made a basic error,ive just put some new schwalbe 1.5 slicks on my bike and after putting them back on the bike ive notice i got the rear tyre tread pointing the wrong way according to the arrow my question is will this be still safe to ride or will it affect performance?My link

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
schwalbe%20city%20jet%20tyre.jpg

100% Safe to ride. The tread makes no difference whatsoever to the performance or safety of the bike. Off-road tyres are a different matter but road tyres might as well all be slicks for all the good that the 'tread' does.

zexel

Veteran
But can you live with the mental anguish everytime you get on the bike knowing it is the wrong way round...

... or would that just be me :biggrin:

But can you live with the mental anguish everytime you get on the bike knowing it is the wrong way round...

... or would that just be me :biggrin:

No, me too.

U

User482

The tread on my commuting tyres is directional, but there is no arrow on the sidewall to indicate which is the correct way round.

I think this is the root of my insomnia...

baldycyclist

Über Member
I would get some tippex and put a big arrow in the correct direction!
Then and only then could I sleep.
BUT
If I then take them off after a puncture would I black out the tippex and put them on the correct way?
Tippex might put the wheel out of ballance?
Ho hum

I shouldn't worry too much about the direction of rotation, you could well be taking them city jets off quite often, i finally binned mine on Sunday after 18 months, hope you have better luck with yours than i did.

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
I shouldn't worry too much about the direction of rotation, you could well be taking them city jets off quite often, i finally binned mine on Sunday after 18 months, hope you have better luck with yours than i did.

I hope not i want them to see me through till the spring
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom