Tyres - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
https://road.cc/content/review/161689-continental-grand-sport-race-tyre

Although the picture suggests they tested the folding not wired

vickster

Legendary Member
Would that make a difference?
I believe folding and wired are different. Wired are heavier usually for starters and a different compound. You can google it

They're cheap mid level tyres, heavy and potentially slippery in autumn and winter. Carry the means to resolve a puncture

Everyone's experiences with tyres are different, especially when it comes to grip and punctures.

Buy them and report back. (Don't forget you'll need to pay postage with PX)

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
I believe folding and wired are different. Wired are heavier usually for starters and a different compound. You can google it

They're cheap mid level tyres, heavy and potentially slippery in autumn and winter. Carry the means to resolve a puncture

Everyone's experiences with tyres are different, especially when it comes to grip and punctures.

Buy them and report back. (Don't forget you'll need to pay postage with PX)

ok - thanks. I'll have a think and report back!

Drago

Legendary Member
I actually like them. Not at all slippery in poor conditions (why would they be?) and a good roller in the 28C size I use. Tyres are as much a taste thing as anything else, and what one person gets along with another may not, so the only way you will know is to try them for yourself.

Great price for an excellent tyre.

Forget about wired vs foldable. In realilty, the only difference is in portability and storage. One they're on the bike, who cares?

They will not be heavy, that's absurd, nor will they be any more slippery than any other bicycle tyre. Any "reviews" which say that probably base their theory (note, not tests) on the fact that the tyres are slick, not treaded. Bicycle tyres don't need tread for any conditions, wet or dry. Plenty of discussions about that here.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Wire bead are out of fashion and often cheaper but just as good as Kevlar bead(aka folding tyre equivalent )

Top Bottom