Tyres for a B'Twin Triban 500SE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Best selling road tyres on wiggle though.

Obviously not a lot of people that do a lot of miles in the bad conditions. I swallowed the marketing blurb hook line and sinker, unfortunately it's B.S. the tyres are utter gash ( from a puncture resistance angle ). I've had better puncture resistance from cheapo Halfords own brand stuff. If you can live without the (admittedly superb ) grip and rolling characteristics, save your money.

Citius

Now these are beyond sh1te, very very grippy, but useless otherwise. You'd be better off riding on the tubes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR05K5actVM1BKr0jFWiBxF1lpZolPzAaCmOiKXQTIMexLOAjTn.jpg

lpretro1

If you ask about tyres on here you will get all sorts of answers as tyre choice can be very individual - one guy on here obviously dislikes them but others will swear by them (must admit we ride them year round) but we sell loads of Cont GP4000s & 4 seasons as they are very popular with a wide spectrum of people from recreational through to racers- so don't take too much notice of 'opinions' which can come across as statements of fact :smile:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Obviously not a lot of people that do a lot of miles in the bad conditions. I swallowed the marketing blurb hook line and sinker, unfortunately it's B.S. the tyres are utter gash ( from a puncture resistance angle ). I've had better puncture resistance from cheapo Halfords own brand stuff. If you can live without the (admittedly superb ) grip and rolling characteristics, save your money.

Alright.... By that blanket statement lets have a look at the stats.

single%20pack_zpsqzgxe5w8.jpg

Twin%20pack_zpsx8j88l0m.jpg

771+373 = 1144 Or 762+367 = 1129

Twin pack = 4.7/5 = 95% would recommend
Single pack = 4.6/7 = 92% would recommend

Not counting the people who dont tend to leave reviews and more often than not, people are more likely to leave a review if they have a bad experience and i dont see a lot of bad reviews here. Not to mention those who might of had switched to these tyres and received a puncture within the first 10-50 miles because of pot luck.

No tyre is completely invincible to punctures. For some people puncture protection means riding over every small patch of glass they see on the road as possible.

But clearly - these 1000+ people who left positive reviews dont do a lot of miles in bad conditions so their feedback is void going by your statement.

Alright.... By that blanket statement lets have a look at the stats.

single%20pack_zpsqzgxe5w8.jpg

Twin%20pack_zpsx8j88l0m.jpg

771+373 = 1144 Or 762+367 = 1129

Twin pack = 4.7/5 = 95% would recommend
Single pack = 4.6/7 = 92% would recommend

Not counting the people who dont tend to leave reviews and more often than not, people are more likely to leave a review if they have a bad experience and i dont see a lot of bad reviews here. Not to mention those who might of had switched to these tyres and received a puncture within the first 10-50 miles because of pot luck.

No tyre is completely invincible to punctures. For some people puncture protection means riding over every small patch of glass they see on the road as possible.

But clearly - these 1000+ people who left positive reviews dont do a lot of miles in bad conditions so their feedback is void going by your statement.
Yes very probably, I do the miles, in bad conditions, I can tell you I've only had bad times with these tyres, ( and I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt) I don't give a rats arse how many thousand Mary Poppins lightweights try to say differently.

If you ask about tyres on here you will get all sorts of answers as tyre choice can be very individual - one guy on here obviously dislikes them but others will swear by them (must admit we ride them year round) but we sell loads of Cont GP4000s & 4 seasons as they are very popular with a wide spectrum of people from recreational through to racers- so don't take too much notice of 'opinions' which can come across as statements of fact :smile:

A statement of fact. In the last 5 years, I've ridden lots of different bikes, in lots of conditions, on lots of surfaces. I've ridden bikes on solid tyres, bikes on cheapo tyres, bikes on Continental GP tyres (4000 SII and the preceding version, and GP 4seasons) and Schwalbe + series tyres. The cheapo tyres were the worst, with maybe up to 10 punctures over a thousand miles ( but they're cheap, so balls) the next worst were the ( much more expensive) Conti tyres. I'd estimate about 8 punctures every thousand miles ( which is extremely poor, given the cost, and the undeserved reputation), the Schwalbes never failed, not once, not ever, in similar conditions, and riding, The solids couldn't puncture / fail, so they don't really count. But if you want to join the circle jerk, of people who "swear" by the Conti's,and I've actually ridden with people, who have suffered a puncture or 2, who were riding with Conti's, and have actually tried to convince us (and presumably themselves) that it was "just a valve failure, not a puncture", presumably to try and avoid making themselves look daft, given the amount of praise they had been heaping on the tyres just a few minutes earlier, then you crack on.

Had no props with my GP's,only puncture was after they were pretty worn;same with the Vittoria open paves,loads of people say they are rubbish but mine were fine.They did cut up a lot but again only punctured when the rear was pretty worn;paired with latex tubes they were luuurvely:wub::bicycle:

A vote also for Clement strada lgg;nice ride and seem to be wearing well plus good grip;not bad price wise too.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle...CI3Y3MuXhMoCFUR12wodPdAPOQ&variation=10961833

A statement of fact. In the last 5 years, I've ridden lots of different bikes, in lots of conditions, on lots of surfaces. I've ridden bikes on solid tyres, bikes on cheapo tyres, bikes on Continental GP tyres (4000 SII and the preceding version, and GP 4seasons) and Schwalbe + series tyres. The cheapo tyres were the worst, with maybe up to 10 punctures over a thousand miles ( but they're cheap, so balls) the next worst were the ( much more expensive) Conti tyres. I'd estimate about 8 punctures every thousand miles ( which is extremely poor, given the cost, and the undeserved reputation), the Schwalbes never failed, not once, not ever, in similar conditions, and riding, The solids couldn't puncture / fail, so they don't really count. But if you want to join the circle jerk, of people who "swear" by the Conti's,and I've actually ridden with people, who have suffered a puncture or 2, who were riding with Conti's, and have actually tried to convince us (and presumably themselves) that it was "just a valve failure, not a puncture", presumably to try and avoid making themselves look daft, given the amount of praise they had been heaping on the tyres just a few minutes earlier, then you crack on.

Blimey you must ride on some shitty roads.

Nearly 10,000kms on Schwalbe Duranos,Vittoria Randonneurs and Open Paves plus the current Clement Stradas and I think I've had three punctures max;that's commuting,sportives and club rides.

Mind you I'll probably get one tomorrow now:rolleyes:

Citius

A bullshit response is still a bullshit response, regardless of how many miles you ride. If you really do ride a lot of miles, then I'm tempted to say you ought to know better. But clearly you don't.

Had no props with my GP's,only puncture was after they were pretty worn;same with the Vittoria open paves,loads of people say they are rubbish but mine were fine.They did cut up a lot but again only punctured when the rear was pretty worn;paired with latex tubes they were luuurvely:wub::bicycle:

A vote also for Clement strada lgg;nice ride and seem to be wearing well plus good grip;not bad price wise too.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle...CI3Y3MuXhMoCFUR12wodPdAPOQ&variation=10961833

I like the Vittorias, I've not had many issues with them.

Blimey you must ride on some shitty roads.

Nearly 10,000kms on Schwalbe Duranos,Vittoria Randonneurs and Open Paves plus the current Clement Stradas and I think I've had three punctures max;that's commuting,sportives and club rides.

Mind you I'll probably get one tomorrow now:rolleyes:
The Randonneurs were a massive surprise. They cost bugger all, and worked brilliantly. I did cop 1 puncture, but it was a massive chunk of glass, and a 50 cal bullet would have done less damage.

Top Bottom