UK Low Traffic or Car Free Neighbourhoods - best practice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
If your a nurse working shifts at the John Radcliffe hospital but live in Botley you have to take public transport to work 200 days a year? Madness!!

The sensible approach would be to make sure the facilities exist within the 15 minute boundary before fining people because of where they play, live and work.

It's another of the sort of schemes being promoted that sound good in theory, but isn't really viable in practice without a lot of measures being applied first, and taking the human factor into full account.

It depends what their actual aims are, but there certainly seem to be some more acceptable and cost effective alternatives.

But who is being fined / charged for living, playing and working in an area? Must be a few newspaper articles on such a thing but can’t find it. If you could share where you read of these things. Ta

Given the context of this and other similar threads, I'm surprised you've missed the examples, which are plentiful. I guess people could be traveling in and out of the charging zones for other reasons too.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Given the context of this and other similar threads, I'm surprised you've missed the examples, which are plentiful. I guess people could be traveling in and out of the charging zones for other reasons too.

I’ve found people being charged for driving into a low emissions area but that is not being charged for living, working, playing is it?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Isn't it? Okay. :okay:

Good man, glad you agree your statement was somewhat flawed, and not true.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It seems that you're reading things that aren't written, and you seem to be having some very peculiar argument with yourself in an attempt to be a contrarian rather than offering anything meaningful, so I'll leave you to it. :hello:

I asked you for evidence, you provided none. You couldn’t provide evidence as there isn’t any, since your statement is false. You’ll be saying people are being fined / charged for renting a house next.

I asked you for evidence, you provided none. You couldn’t provide evidence as there isn’t any, since your statement is false. You’ll be saying people are being fined / charged for renting a house next.

It's an interesting version of events. It's not how I viewed it, so I'll just refer you back to my previous reply. :okay:

You seem to be trying to create your own version of my comments, and then arguing against what are in effect your own views. It's a strange approach and I can't see it being very revealing or informative, but there it is.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If your a nurse working shifts at the John Radcliffe hospital but live in Botley you have to take public transport to work 200 days a year? Madness!!
No, you don't have to take public transport. You just would be limited how often you can take a car directly. Bike, e bike, moped or many more can be used for the rest. Or drive around the ring road. So many choices, just a limit on how often people can poison their neighbours. Why is that so wrong?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It's an interesting version of events. It's not how I viewed it, so I'll just refer you back to my previous reply. :okay:

You seem to be trying to create your own version of my comments, and then arguing against what are in effect your own views. It's a strange approach and I can't see it being very revealing or informative, but there it is.

Not at all, you claimed people were being fined for living, working and playing in an area. Which as we both know isn’t true. I’ll leave you to your usual playbook 🤣

Not at all, you claimed people were being fined for living, working and playing in an area. Which as we both know isn’t true. I’ll leave you to your usual playbook 🤣

You've yet to demonstrate that it isn't true, beyond you just claiming it to be the case, so I'll refer you back to the aforementioned quote.

I do find it interesting when people try to hone in on one small part of a larger point in an attempt to discredit it. It's very revealing.

Enjoy this strange argument you're having with yourself. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom