Uncle Drago's agony column

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
In the 1966 World Cup final, Helmut Haller put West Germany ahead after 12 minutes. I noticed that in an episode of Fawlty Towers, Basil, with a bandage on his head is being rude to a table of very pleasant mannered Germans.

On the credits I noticed the name of Helmut Haller. Is this the same Helmut Haller who scored the goal for West Germany?

P. Dantic, Saffron Waldon.

Yes, yes it is. Interestingly, Helmut Haller was actually a British double agent in WWII, real name Fred Smith from Croydon. Nobody told him the war had ended, and in the early 60's he was drafted into the German National football team. In order to maintain his cover, and therefore avoid being captured and summarily shot, Smith/Haller felt compelled to play as best he could. As a result, Haller became the only British serviceman to ever be awarded the Iron Cross.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I heard the iron cross is another name for a prince albert although i wouldnt want an iron prince albert or even a prince albert for that matter .
Are the the same uncie drago ?

Dear Uncle Drago

I inadvertently punched a man to death in a boxing ring and his best friend has challenged me to a fight but instead of doing specific, measurable training he is instead living in a barn and running up mountains. I'm not sure if I should take him seriously or not.

Have you ever encountered anything similar, and if so, how did you deal with it?

Kind regards
Ivan

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Dear Uncle Drago,
I'm sure that everybody on CycleChat is mightily impressed by the stamina you show by replying to all your correspondents. Your mail bags must be enormous.
Thank you,
Albert Grovel
W14

Have you got time for this? is there not a plan you should be fulfilling? And i don't mean eating a hundred tins of sardines.

Top Bottom