Unenjoyable commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
PrettyboyTim said:
Hope it heals soon, Magnatom! I did something very similar last time I redid the sealant around my bath. Cut straight in to the middle finger of my left hand, but luckily(?) in the fleshy pad at the end. As far as I remember I superglued the edges of the wound back together and put a plaster on it tight and it healed quite well. I have since been told that the use of domestic superglue on such wounds isn't clever as you don't know what other chemicals they've added other than the base cyanoacrylate... Oops!

Nice! I'd love to know what you'd do if you needed heart surgery and were in last place on a four year waiting list :smile:

Tynan said:
swelling and heat is a normal reaction, any sort of grown man shouldn't worry about infection, not in this country anyway

That's what I thought when I set my femur myself. :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the sympathy! :biggrin:

PrettyboyTim, what were you thinking! :biggrin: Glad it healed ok!

Dom, I was surprised that it took so long for someone to call me a jessie! I was pleased, but not surprised that it was you :biggrin:.

Last nights commute was sore. I had to keep my glove off as it would no longer fit. Unfortunately it was a bit nippy out, so my hand was cold and sore. The Clyde Tunnel is very bumpy and my finger felt every bump.:smile:

However, I made it and I would now like to submit evidence (see below).

The cut itself has closed quite well, but the finger had puffed up a fair amount, although it could have been worse. So I didn't get it seen to. My wife drew the line to check for spread of redness and this morning it has spread a little but not much, so I will keep an eye on it today and maybe show it to someone at work and see what they think.

No cycling for me today though :sad:. Rest assured I will however, be back on the bike before I should !!:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
looks like a corpse's hand, what ugly thumbs you have

and frankly I was expecting video of the finger with some wincing as the finger tried to bend

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
looks like a corpse's hand, what ugly thumbs you have

and frankly I was expecting video of the finger with some wincing as the finger tried to bend

:smile:

Are thumbs your thing Tynan? :biggrin::biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I trust the biro line was not the intended position of the cut!!

Meant to add that Tea Tree oil works wonders as an antiseptic, I use it on cuts & grazes and now rarely get localised infection or swelling. You can get Tea Tree as an essential oil and a creme.

I used both Tea Tree and careful administrations of comfrey on my angle ground knee, all doctors who inspected my knee couldn't believe how clean and fast healing the wound was!

T x

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tdr1nka said:
I trust the biro line was not the intended position of the cut!!

Meant to add that Tea Tree oil works wonders as an antiseptic, I use it on cuts & grazes and now rarely get localised infection or swelling. You can get Tea Tree as an essential oil and a creme.

I used both Tea Tree and careful administrations of comfrey on my angle ground knee, all doctors who inspected my knee couldn't believe how clean and fast healing the wound was!

T x

The line was to check for spread of the swelling and redness. It has spread a bit but not much.

I won't be using that Tea Tree oil. I wear my scars with pride :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

tdr1nka said:
Don't get me wrong, you still get manly scars(my lacerated leg is testiment)you just don't get any nasty infections etc.

T x

Too late for me. One of the doctors here has suggested that it is already looking infected so it's off to the GP for me this morning. Bummer. :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I also meant to ask if it was a clean Stanley blade and/or if you got any sealant in the cut?

Hang on this is becoming a post mortem........

Looks like it might be a course of Anti-B's for you.

Swift healing,

T x

Top Bottom