Unexpected insults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah yes the great British sport of treating everyone around you like a piece of shoot!
Due to the great Penistone contest of seeing how many cars can be dumped on a kerb, there's lots of pinch points in lots of fun places. The challenge therefore is to emerge from the blind corner, see a car passing dumped cars on your side of the road, with nowhere to go of course, and floor it in the knowledge you have belittled someone, asserted your 'right of way', and because your vehicle cost more than theirs, the offender will evaporate before the inevitable collision.
The other contest of course is to see dumped cars on your side of the road with a victim approaching that has priority, and then floor it because everyone must give way to an SUV.

I wonder if there's insurance stats for pinch point head on collisions?
Even better, does the NHS keeps stats on the number of drivers using only one hand, smashed in the face with their own arm when the airbag goes off?

Drago

Legendary Member
I read the other day (albeit in the Daily Excess, so take it with a pinch if you like) that the government has almost finished consulting on pavement parking and do indeed look likely to ban it in England and Wales.

In Milton Keynes the carncil removed all the traffic calming pinch points due to some of the horrific accidents that were happening - they'd simply traded a regular speeding motorist problem for an occasional dead motorist one.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I read the other day (albeit in the Daily Excess, so take it with a pinch if you like) that the government has almost finished consulting on pavement parking and do indeed look likely to ban it in England and Wales.
Really? Hells bells, that'll cause more riots than Brexit!! In saying that, maybe it's a plan to unite the country.

Rotherham Council (purveyors of luxury riverside apartments) installed pinch points on Barbers Avenue in Rawmarsh.
The day after they were completed a police car hit one and flipped onto it's roof.

We had pinch points built in the village with delicate slender ash trees on them, and in several years not one car has flipped onto its roof or even damaged the tree.

Honestly, Germany is really boring compared to the UK.

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
I was taught to drive on the Cornish lanes
One of the first things you learn is the exact width of your vehicle
mrs Brains gets used to the comment of 'breath in' as we pass a car through a gap the other driver did not think possible

Or much shorter "You have the face of a bulldog that swallowed a wasp"

I prefer ...a face like a bulldog licking p!ss off a nettle

postman

Legendary Member
Rotherham Council (purveyors of luxury riverside apartments) installed pinch points on Barbers Avenue in Rawmarsh.
The day after they were completed a police car hit one and flipped onto it's roof.

Rawmarsh South Yorkshire is where my dad was from.11 St Mary's Road,he went to Netherfield Lane Junior School.i don't think it is there now.

postman

Legendary Member
Anyway back to the poster,Audi says it all.They have a really bad name in Leeds all attitude and crap driving skills.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Audis, BMWs, Mercs. Gotta be black, white or blue and gotta have a ridiculous exhaust that sounds like a fart in a cocoa tin. Driver sits back so they can hardly see over the steering wheel, cos that's how you sit in a race car, innit?

My brother in Detroit once asked a black guy why they all drive around with the seat back reclined. The reply? "The B pillar stops the bullets bro!"

Audis, BMWs, Mercs. Gotta be black, white or blue and gotta have a ridiculous exhaust that sounds like a fart in a cocoa tin. Driver sits back so they can hardly see over the steering wheel, cos that's how you sit in a race car, innit?

My brother in Detroit once asked a black guy why they all drive around with the seat back reclined. The reply? "The B pillar stops the bullets bro!"

In the UK it's probably in the hope a Truvelo can't photograph their face.

Drago

Legendary Member

The block, gearbox and possibly rear diff are the only parts likely to stop a handgun round...

One thing that puzzles and concerns me about these X5s and Audi Q tips...the drivers are often Mums doing the 400 metre school run. Its often the case that the cars are so big and the drivers so small that they can barely see over the dash and they've looking forward through the steering wheel. How in this day and age can that be allowed?

Top Bottom