Unexpected insults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
The block, gearbox and possibly rear diff are the only parts likely to stop a handgun round...

One thing that puzzles and concerns me about these X5s and Audi Q tips...the drivers are often Mums doing the 400 metre school run. Its often the case that the cars are so big and the drivers so small that they can barely see over the dash and they've looking forward through the steering wheel. How in this day and age can that be allowed?
I know that it's not your entire point, but these machines do have adjustable seats.

The block, gearbox and possibly rear diff are the only parts likely to stop a handgun round...

One thing that puzzles and concerns me about these X5s and Audi Q tips...the drivers are often Mums doing the 400 metre school run. Its often the case that the cars are so big and the drivers so small that they can barely see over the dash and they've looking forward through the steering wheel. How in this day and age can that be allowed?

They own a flashy expensive car.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You so often see people in a bad position in their car. Usually it's small people who can't see over the wheel. I'm sure it's because they don't realise you can adjust the seat, same as cyclists you see on wrong-sized bikes. If I was a Police driver I'd take a break from the ANPR nabbing game and actually stop a few drivers for a friendly word of advice. The worst are the women who hug the steering wheel, a woman driver actually died when the airbag deployed and lifted her skull off her spine.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Good fact indeed :becool:

I first remembered seeing her on TV in The Life and Loves of a She Devil.

However, one fact I didn't know until reading that, was that she did most of the female dubbed over voices in English for the TV series "Monkey" and "The Water Margin"

Drago

Legendary Member
She played the Spanish Infanta in the Queen of Spains Beard.

Drago

Legendary Member
I do believe it was set in the West Country...

915Gxy5UpwL.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My first sales job entailed tramping the streets visiting mostly Asian grocers. Being the depths of winter I wore a wide-brimmed "stetson" type hat, which I had on one day in the less salubrious area of Glasgow in Duke Street. As I worked on the terminal behind the counter of one shop, a local young worthy wandered in and looked me up and down in a long lingering style.

At first puzzled, this shell-suited ned made a connection between his sparse brain cells and a slow grin crawled upon his face.

"Haw man" he lazily exclaimed in that renowned Weegie nasal drawl, "Haw, it's Clint Easterhoose so it is!"

It was so unexpected (I was expecting an enquiry about the whereabouts of my horse) that I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom