Unfortunate (genuine) names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
A classmate of our twins has the forename Comice.

1640263820872.png

Venod

Eh up
I used to communicate by phone with a bloke called Barry Bytheway, I can imagine he got fed up of explaining his name, when people asked what his name was and he replied its Barry Bytheway, to be answered with yes, but what's your surname.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My best mates mum was named theresa brown, i also used to work with a butcher called jack russell

i wonder if there is a scottish cloak room attendant somewhere called Angus mc coatup

I would love to telephone the walkers crisp factory and ask to speak to chris packet :laugh:
Years ago, working in an office, someone left a note on a guys desk asking him to phone this (Chester) number to speak to Mr C Lyon.
He did it........it was Chester zoo

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I worked with a guy in Turkey called Mustafa Canabir. Thirsty work!
Reminds me of this:

https://lettersofnote.com/2009/10/28/we-all-feel-like-that-now-and-then/

geocycle

Legendary Member
I went to uni with someone called Alexa, not at all funny at the time, but I bet she is fed up of being told what to do over the last few years!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My wife had a child in her class when she was a teacher who was named Wenceslas McGinty. His mother had been reading a book apparently and liked the name which appeared there.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My wife had a child in her class when she was a teacher who was named Wenceslas McGinty. His mother had been reading a book apparently and liked the name which appeared there.
I was at school with a lad that had the names.......
William Angus Bartholomew MacBurney.
Not 'unfortunate' but for a snotty nosed kid it always stuck with me.

Top Bottom