1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unfriendly cyclists

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dayvo, 25 Jan 2008.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Perving er, strolling along the beach today, I stopped to buy some fresh fruit from one of the beach vendors when I saw a bloke walking towards me with the most distinctive tan lines I've ever seen - think ebony and ivory!

As he walked passed I said cheerily, 'You have to be a cyclist with a tan like that!' To which he replied, 'Yeah, so fukkin' what!' must be one of those forumers on the 'other side' :biggrin:.
    I think he was just jealous of my tan - think ebony! :tongue:

Anyone else had an unfriendly answer/comment from a 'fellow' cyclist when dressed 'civilian'?

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

No

3. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

So his application to work for the local tourist board's welcoming committee got turned down, then?

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i find myself tutting when i see inconsiderate motorway driving by cars with road bikes strapped to the back/roof.

5. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I walk the route I'd normally cycle occasionally, and tend to wave/nod/say good evening to the cyclists I see. They all blank me, presumably thinking I'm some sort of nutter.

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

maybe a little bike worn as a broach, chain or sticker on rear of car (think like the christian fish idea) could be used to show you're an off duty cyclist.

7. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I'd say 90% of all cyclists I meet/pass etc are friendly beit MTB'ers or roadies.
    Often when I'm out with my mate we'd pass club riders.......I find them to be the ones who blank you....not always though.:biggrin:

I'm off out shortly for a ride...doubt I'll see anyone about this time of day though.:tongue:

8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

I like to smile at people (normally when on the bike I feel like smiling - though the recent weather has been getting me down a little), and I play a little game with myself :- Guess what the reaction is to a cheery Good Morning to each one....

Some people look like they need to get away fast from that mad woman on a bike, and then you get the blank stare and my favourite the beaming smile back (middle aged men in Easton mostly).

9. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

The average cyclist is as ignorant/polite as the average non-cyclist - simple fact!!

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Dayvo, he just must be a miserable git, cyclist or not - met a few of those in the past....obviously not enjoying being on a beach in SE Asia as much as you !

11. Hm he may be a cyclist but it apprently doesn't prevent him from being an arrogant twunt...
    What a nob.

12. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Many of the people in these sex tourist areas are not very nice.

13. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Strange Patrick, you seem pleasant enough...

14. yenrod

yenrod Guest

>Dayvo - he prob thought you where some gay job

15. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

He might have been a council cyclist.