Unfriendly cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perving er, strolling along the beach today, I stopped to buy some fresh fruit from one of the beach vendors when I saw a bloke walking towards me with the most distinctive tan lines I've ever seen - think ebony and ivory!

As he walked passed I said cheerily, 'You have to be a cyclist with a tan like that!' To which he replied, 'Yeah, so fukkin' what!' must be one of those forumers on the 'other side' :biggrin:.
I think he was just jealous of my tan - think ebony! :tongue:

Anyone else had an unfriendly answer/comment from a 'fellow' cyclist when dressed 'civilian'?

No

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I walk the route I'd normally cycle occasionally, and tend to wave/nod/say good evening to the cyclists I see. They all blank me, presumably thinking I'm some sort of nutter.

stevenb

I'd say 90% of all cyclists I meet/pass etc are friendly beit MTB'ers or roadies.
Often when I'm out with my mate we'd pass club riders.......I find them to be the ones who blank you....not always though.:biggrin:

I'm off out shortly for a ride...doubt I'll see anyone about this time of day though.:tongue:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like to smile at people (normally when on the bike I feel like smiling - though the recent weather has been getting me down a little), and I play a little game with myself :- Guess what the reaction is to a cheery Good Morning to each one....

Some people look like they need to get away fast from that mad woman on a bike, and then you get the blank stare and my favourite the beaming smile back (middle aged men in Easton mostly).

Blue

Legendary Member
The average cyclist is as ignorant/polite as the average non-cyclist - simple fact!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dayvo, he just must be a miserable git, cyclist or not - met a few of those in the past....obviously not enjoying being on a beach in SE Asia as much as you !

Dayvo said:
Perving er, strolling along the beach today, I stopped to buy some fresh fruit from one of the beach vendors when I saw a bloke walking towards me with the most distinctive tan lines I've ever seen - think ebony and ivory!

As he walked passed I said cheerily, 'You have to be a cyclist with a tan like that!' To which he replied, 'Yeah, so fukkin' what!' must be one of those forumers on the 'other side' ;).
I think he was just jealous of my tan - think ebony! :smile:

Anyone else had an unfriendly answer/comment from a 'fellow' cyclist when dressed 'civilian'?

Hm he may be a cyclist but it apprently doesn't prevent him from being an arrogant twunt...
What a nob.

Dayvo said:

As he walked passed I said cheerily, 'You have to be a cyclist with a tan like that!' To which he replied, 'Yeah, so fukkin' what!' must be one of those forumers on the 'other side' ;).
I think he was just jealous of my tan - think ebony! :smile:

Many of the people in these sex tourist areas are not very nice.

Abitrary

Dayvo said:
As he walked passed I said cheerily, 'You have to be a cyclist with a tan like that!' To which he replied, 'Yeah, so fukkin' what!'

He might have been a council cyclist.

Top Bottom