Unintentional donations...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
So, on the way to work yesterday. Got on the train, couldn't put my folder where I normally put it, so went diagonally opposite to my usual slot.

Got the iPad out, put the rucksack on the shelf, took my summer gloves off and reached round to put them in my bike helmet, just like I do most mornings.

Get off the train, walk to the station exit and go to put my gloves on.

They aren't there... Weird right? Who would take my gloves? Dd they fall out of the hat? Can't see them anywhere...

After about 5 minutes of puzzling, I give up, and set off to work sans gloves. Only then, after getting the legs into gear does the brain work out that...

I just donated my gloves to the owner of the OTHER folded bike. Sigh. There is someone else wondering why they have a new pair of cycling gloves in their hat.

Hope they like them!

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's less silly than mine. I stopped at the top of the climb to Llyn Ogwen, put my gloves on top of the wall and sat on them to prevent them being blown away and to give me a warm seat. Stood up a few minutes later and they had vanished! I searched everywhere including in the lake in case they had blown off the wall. Just as I was getting seriously puzzled I felt something, reached back and found them velcroed to my bum!

Globalti

Legendary Member
But it's about mindfulness and it's taken me all my life to learn to be mindful, when leaving the house in the morning or packing for a trip, for example. Despite that I still ignore the small voice calling out "head torch" or "toothpaste" and forget things.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
I get the voice but it's often very non-specific. Just a "you have forgotten something..." niggle. On the train though it just bypassed me that my bike wasn't in the usual place.

I'm not a ninja or secret agent Skol. I have two tweenagers and two contracts so my brain often is barely functional in the mornings. It operates on an "as needed" basis!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Anyway, I feel sorry for the recipient of this 'donation'. They are now wondering what kind of sick weirdo has put a
pair of sweaty used gloves in their helmet and should they now risk putting the contaminated helmet on their head? :laugh:

Sharky

Guru
My lucky grey moment was when I was on holiday and returning to the car. Put my camera on the roof while I took my jacket off , got in the car and drove off, with yes, the camera still on the roof.

Go to the next stop and got out of the car and to my amazement, the camera was still on the roof. The wrist strap had fallen down and got stuck in the car door when I slammed it shut.

Lucky me.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My lucky grey moment was when I was on holiday and returning to the car. Put my camera on the roof while I took my jacket off , got in the car and drove off, with yes, the camera still on the roof.

Go to the next stop and got out of the car and to my amazement, the camera was still on the roof. The wrist strap had fallen down and got stuck in the car door when I slammed it shut.

Lucky me.
It is absolutely fatal to put anything on the roof of a car even for a second. I lost a cycling cape doing that and a former colleague lost an expensive two way radio.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Many years ago a mate came out of the pub, got into his car, started the engine then went to turn his new cassette player on only to find it was missing. He looked back to see if the thieves had nicked the speakers off the parcel shelf to find they'd kindly left him a 'kiddy seat' fitted in the back.

Yes it was a Cortina

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Many years ago a mate came out of the pub, got into his car, started the engine then went to turn his new cassette player on only to find it was missing. He looked back to see if the thieves had nicked the speakers off the parcel shelf to find they'd kindly left him a 'kiddy seat' fitted in the back.

Yes it was a Cortina
Must have been a 'Ford-one-key-fits-all' i reckon before i look at tbe spoiler?

Top Bottom