Unnatural but reliable indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was a bit late this morning. I know this because I had to stop and put a new tube in.

Doh!

Maylian

Veteran
Because I work shifts its hard to judge, currently I'm training new people so leave at the same time. My current 7am start means that I get to raise the 7am bus that goes to my work. If I'm early it overtakes me about 1 mile into the 5 mile ride. If I'm late it's already ahead of me. However so far this week its Patrick 4 and bus 1 on who has arrived at work first!!!

My super early starts I often see a pretty girl going for a run, where I pass her depends on how well I'm doing.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Because I work shifts its hard to judge, currently I'm training new people so leave at the same time. My current 7am start means that I get to raise the 7am bus that goes to my work. If I'm early it overtakes me about 1 mile into the 5 mile ride. If I'm late it's already ahead of me. However so far this week its Patrick 4 and bus 1 on who has arrived at work first!!!

My super early starts I often see a pretty girl going for a run, where I pass her depends on how well I'm doing.

So a surprising number of us use pretty girls as waymarkers of promptnes :smile:

Leaway2

Lycrist
Mike from Thomson airlines. I see him most days heading the other way off nights. I first noticed his HiViz so (as a fellow airport worker) I stopped and talked to him.
Guy on a folding bike who always wears a baseball cap under his helmet.
50+ year old paper"boy" on a BSO.
Bearded guy on hybrid who always stops at the paper shop and always wears shorts.
A lady in a car who lives round the corner who works a Wythenshawe hospital and passes me most mornings. I stopped and talked to her last night.
It depends where I see them, as to how early I am. I nm not a late person.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Mike from Thomson airlines. I see him most days heading the other way off nights. I first noticed his HiViz so (as a fellow airport worker) I stopped and talked to him.
Bearded guy on hybrid who always stops at the paper shop and always wears shorts.
A lady in a car who lives round the corner who works a Wythenshawe hospital and passes me most mornings. I stopped and talked to her last night.

I like that you chat with people, I always try!

philwjones

Always seem to pass a jogger during a 'walking break' around the same place (currently marked by a milk bottle someone has chucked onto the verge).

I've started listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours on my route (iphone on speakers in pocket - no headphones) - I know I'm ahead of time if I get to the coal merchants before 'Songbird' ends, pass the park and ride before 'The Chain' ends and Sainsbury's before 'Oh Daddy' comes on. Music is amazing for working out timings

robjh

Legendary Member
On my old commute I could tell my timing by where I passed the Woman Who Walked Three Miles Into Coventry every morning. I always admired her, though wished she could be walking somewhere nicer.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
When I'm on 10-6 I gauge how close I'll be by a couple of timing pegs in the countryside park 1/ The lad on the roadie who wouldn't look out of place on countdown, 2/ the people walking the great dane & 2 German shepherd dogs

To be comfortably on time I need to see Bikey boy first, if its the dogs, I have a very fast last mile to cover.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I forgot the man with the blue knitted beanie hat, and the woman who wears a red t-shirt over a black base layer (no jacket) - who knows what she wears when it's warm - it was far too cold this week for me to be without a jacket to stop the wind. The lady on the electric bike (a red FreeGo) passed me far earlier the journey than normal - I don't think I was late (well not until I bumped into a friend cleaning his car and chatted for 10 mins).

Top Bottom