Unnatural but reliable indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What folk do you always see on your commute? I don't see many other cyclists but here are my indicators of how on time or late I am.

Early in morning

• Pretty middle-aged lady walking along river path
  • Pretty lady in hi-viz walking across the first industrial estate I cycle through

I noticed that too, Some one is enjoying early morning creeping...:hyper:

I am just jealous, never see anyone on my commute

Maz

Guru
So, Pretty ladies catch the worm...
He must get out pretty early for that.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Or I just have the ability to see the natural beauty in everyone :smile:

sounds like a challenge, give it your best shot.:thumbsup:

2hitler.jpg

Thought i'd get it in there first!
yep - but you could have waited and let it play a little longer. It had just got to the interesting stage:whistle:

Just been reading your blog, really interesting. I had no idea you'd been around so much.

Hows the leg?
thank you. I will take the phrasing as I think you meant it!:biggrin: 22 countries, 12 months, 8,700 miles slowly! great fun and will happily do it again
managed my first 100km in a day yesterday - that is not 100km in a ride though... sore and very glad I don't have to do anythign today.. have 25 miles of commuting tomorrow, but 2 * 2mile dog walks but otherwise its OK. (I take the dog out using a bike because I still can't complete a circuit of a medium sized supermarket walking but can cycle 20-30 miles day in day out...) still get pain from it but otherwise scar looks good but going to take a while yet to heal fully internally... gettign there slowly and beginning to get to the need to consider a part-time job option with it now, which means it is not really ready for me to work but given my CV is nearly 10 years out of date and I have to explain ditching everythign to cycle around the world, it gives me time to consider what I put on it!

Bigsharn

Veteran
If I'm late I encounter bin lorries. If I'm about on time I encounter the newspaper delivery van on it's rounds.

There ARE two clocks on my usual route though, so that is a help :tongue:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm still getting to know them on the route but so far there is:
Normal:
a guy who perhaps works at HP and wears a bright orange jacket (the earlier he overtakes the later I am)
a woman on an electric red 20 inch bike who overtakes me on a hill normally by the Holiday Inn

On the way home if late I get overtaken by a bloke in a yellow jacket with bright orange bits on the sleeve.

(I do occasionally overtake people myself but it seems to be more overtake me!)

There are lots of others but I haven't got to the point of recognising them yet.

Top Bottom