Unnatural but reliable indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donnydave

Über Member
When it eventually starts to get warmer I'll start cycling from home instead of cheating and getting a lift with my bike to the busway so my cycling window will stabilise at: leave house 7.15, Longstanton busway 7.35, science park 8.00 and reliably ±2.5 mins

Sandra6

Veteran
Despite leaving at the same time most days I don't see the same people on my route.
When I'm walking the dog I can tell if I'm early or late by who I see though.
If I'm running late I see the young lad on his giant, which seriously needs attention!!
If I'm bang on time I see a couple of chaps on bso's one swaddled in black so only his eyes can be seen, and one in hi-vis.
Sometimes I see a chap on a mtb, I once told him to get some lights, noticed last week that he had!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I haven’t commuted by bike for a while, but when I was doing so regularly, I always noticed that the hands on my watch showed a different time if I was running late :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
the skinny bloke on the full bounce bso mtb who rides the same commute as me in the opposite direction every day rain, hail, snow or shine.

On time:
Tw0t in a red Seat that hoofs it last me
White Quashqui who pulls out on me and gets annoyed when I tail him.
Young MTB rider who I scalp every time - , I'm sad
Medium size middle aged smilie lady and stern older lady walking their scotties

Late:
60 odd ministry flexi-monsters piling across the road from the metro stopping me from going to where I need ON THE BLOOMING ROAD
Middle-aged long haired bloke with a dog as big as a pony. I say "mornin'" every time regardless, one day I'll get a response from this bloke
Colleague getting in his car 1.2 miles from work
Boss walking from car park into work.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Late:
60 odd ministry flexi-monsters...

What now?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I realised I was much later than usual this morning when I was sat in the van rather than on the bike as I didn't crawl out of my pit in time, haven't done that for a loooong time :blush:
On time see the same vehicles, including the K & S taxi, good overtaker and the Western Power van, great overtake every time which results in a thumbs up from me and a toot toot from him :smile:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Tall ginger bloke on road bike, seasoned commuter type, and a friendly chap walking his GSD near Thornbury, who always says good morning & waves. The chap, not the dog. I didn't see him this morning though..

Top Bottom