Unreliable weather forecasts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
That’s always the weather in Manchester from my memories of working there on the roof of Trafford Centre
Sheffield has a higher average annual rainfall than Manchester. So does Blackpool.

Newquay has more than any of them, but I've never heard anyone complain about it.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sheffield has a higher average annual rainfall than Manchester. So does Blackpool.

Newquay has more than any of them, but I've never heard anyone complain about it.

Maybe they aren’t as grey and miserable as Manchester makes you feel ? Oh hang on , you said Sheffield didn’t you..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
All week the forecast for today has been cold but dry and breezy
Even this morning yr.no and the Met Office were saying the same.

So you can imagine my surprise when after sorting the bike and getting ready, I opened the door to find it sleeting.

Checked the forecast again and it's now changed to say sleet showers until noon - so with stuff already planned for this afternoon, that looks like no ride today...
Why not, as long as the ground's not frozen? Could be pretty!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Forecast showers today.
It's been a glorious sunny, still, day. :wacko:

subaqua

What’s the point
Ooooh I worked on that roof. The first job my new company won. Pitchmastic was the main roofing contractor.
It was a grey plastic material that needed a solvent to slightly melt then you could stick the special fixings onto it. Unless it was wet. Which was often in Manchester.

And Tavistock more still...it is said that bad King John once stated, "that if it was raining anywhere in my kingdom, it is raining in Tavistock".
Royal recognition. Great.
:biggrin:

Mr Celine

Discordian
I nearly didn't go to the fitba today due to last night's forecast of gales and torrential rain.
Absolutely sweltering in my foul weather gear, a tee shirt would have done.
The Hibees even had to water the pitch before kick off.

Jumping around celebrating a 90th minute winner didn't help either, sent me into hyperthermia.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I nearly didn't go to the fitba today due to last night's forecast of gales and torrential rain.
Absolutely sweltering in my foul weather gear, a tee shirt would have done.
The Hibees even had to water the pitch before kick off.

Jumping around celebrating a 90th minute winner didn't help either, sent me into hyperthermia.
Meanwhile, on the west side of the country, the forecast has been accurate. Hasn't stopped raining for 24 hours now, and strong winds with it. No cycling for a while for me now; might emerge in spring (IF it's dry, which isn't a given). The 2 remaining 100km monthly challenge rides being an exception (possibly!).

postman

Legendary Member
Leeds fair tropical tomorrow.So one is venturing out on the mountain bike,going to ride the canal tow path.it is a ride i do if i have been off for a while.It also has many coffee shops before and after the path :hyper:

Top Bottom