untraceable likes should i be worried ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roley poley

Über Member
I count over 30 likes etc from a green G scrabble tile logo that appear via the bell notification at top right of the page ,there is no name next to his G logo .When I check on my thread comment he references to he doesn't appear in the comments bar on any of them why is this ? Do we have some privacy setting I don't understand as this is unique to me???

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Probably some spammer that the mods have squished since you got your like notifications.

OP
OP
roley poley

roley poley

Über Member
been coming up for days last one at 20.07 today and still not on my thread comment strange I am worried it maybe a spammer to be honest as it wasnt "normal" and want to know if its common

OP
OP
roley poley

roley poley

Über Member
Capture.PNG
sorry it took so long had to learn how to do screenshots

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
That looks like a system-generated summary of likes you have received, it's not a member [G] who's liking your posts.
What happens if you choose the "unsummarize alerts" option?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hello!
Sorry for being late to this, and sorry if I gave you a laughing smiley on each of your posts @roley poley , it was just for illustration purposes.
Yes, @glasgowcyclist is correct, the G is not a member, but a summary of alerts.
I get the same when I summarize my alerts.
Tbh, I haven't fully explored how the alerts summary works (on, off, on only for some alerts) but I know that, instead of getting, say, 20 alerts for likes from you, I only get an alert from G that says you gave me 20 likes.
If this makes sense.
Hopefully this explanation has cleared it for you, if not, just ask away, I'll try to answer.
For sure, an IT expert I'm not 😄
Edit: I changed the laughing smileys to the loving it smileys, just to see what G does.

OP
OP
roley poley

roley poley

Über Member
Hello!
Sorry for being late to this, and sorry if I gave you a laughing smiley on each of your posts @roley poley , it was just for illustration purposes.
Yes, @glasgowcyclist is correct, the G is not a member, but a summary of alerts.
I get the same when I summarize my alerts.
Tbh, I haven't fully explored how the alerts summary works (on, off, on only for some alerts) but I know that, instead of getting, say, 20 alerts for likes from you, I only get an alert from G that says you gave me 20 likes.
If this makes sense.
Hopefully this explanation has cleared it for you, if not, just ask away, I'll try to answer.
For sure, an IT expert I'm not 😄
Edit: I changed the laughing smileys to the loving it smileys, just to see what G does.
HELLO PAT was thinking many people with time on their hands were having a go at hacking into any thing they could as a pastime off work .It doesn't make sense to me either that's why I highlight it and still doesn't so is your answer "don't worry its a hiccough in the system" ??

Top Bottom