Unusual Surnames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The most unusual surname I ever came across was that of an Indian guy I met in 1987.
It was 'Furniturewala'.
A throwback to the Raj, I suspect.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A neighbour of the MIL was a Mrs De'ath.

I wonder if the apostrophe was added.
There was a tradesman down Rawtenstall way with that surname too... I reckon you're right about the apostrophe.

I used to have a client with the surname O'nions... again, the apostrophe must have been added at some point.

My own surname (Tymon) seems to have two small pockets in England, one in the north west and one in the north east.... but is Irish in origin I believe. There's a Tymon castle and Tymon park on the outskirts of Dublin. ...and now you all know where my username 'Monty' comes from :blush:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There was a tradesman down Rawtenstall way with that surname too... I reckon you're right about the apostrophe.

I used to have a client with the surname O'nions... again, the apostrophe must have been added at some point.

My own surname (Tymon) seems to have two small pockets in England, one in the north west and one in the north east.... but is Irish in origin I believe. There's a Tymon castle and Tymon park on the outskirts of Dublin. ...and now you all know where my username 'Monty' comes from :blush:
And we all know what your first name is now as well.....;)

U

User169

There's a plumbers van I see around which has the guy's name on it. His surname is "Naaktgeboren" - "Born naked".

Top Bottom