Unusual things seen on your commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
this reminds me of advice of tackling pretty girls

when behind them say clearly and thoughtfully 'superb arse'

and when they look round, say all innocently and apologetically 'did I say that out loud?'

erm, I rolled off the forecourt this morning, it's all of 50 feet to the end of my road to the T junction with the main road, hardly worth clipping in, I wobbled towards the stop line in position to turn right, heard a car revving behind me and thought 'what on earth is that in aid of?', a car then tried to pass me on the right and got level with me as I arrived at the stop line, leaving them on the wrong side of the road

I politely asked the lady driver what on earth she thought she was doing and got a gesture suggesting I was going too slow, she then tore away up the main road with my howl of abuse chasing her, she stopped and seemed to be waiting for me, suits me just fine I thought, but away she sped after a moment

being harassed and bullied within ten feet of leaving the house is a new one on me that I didn't expect to ever happen

Maz

Guru
Tynan said:
being harassed and bullied within ten feet of leaving the house is a new one on me that I didn't expect to ever happen
Yeah, but did she comment on your arse?

Maz

Guru
User1314 said:
And absolutely BELLOWED into the ear of a South Korean mum as she navigated her way past me up a narrow New Malden back-street, in a merc with two kids in the back with a mobile plastered to her ear.

THAT felt good.
How did you know she was S.Korean? Do you know the lingo or was there a "I Love South Korea" sticker in the back window?

Robster

I have noticed this week that a field I go past every day contains what looks like a cow/horse cross. A horse with black and white markings the same as a cow! Very odd, who knows what goes on in the countryside eh?

A huge (10 inch), lizard with red and black markings, climbing up the kerb. Couldn't have been real but I was going too fast to get a good look.

If you see a female cyclist and she has a nice arse, it's rude not to say so.

I was out last Wednesday and was stopped at a red light when such a young lady sped past, the light changed and I continued on my way, caught up with her a few hundred yards on and said "naughty person going through a red light" she chuckled and I said "nice bum by the way", she went red and thanked me.

monnet

Guru
I've recently started a new commute (new job, new area etc) which is about 50% country lanes. It's a pretty good route. The one thing that I've noticed (previously commuting exclusively through urban areas) is the amount of roadkill. Nothing I've not seen before on longer weekend rides in the country but today I saw a dead badger.

Rigamortis had set in. It was lying on its back, legs up stiff as can be. I'd been reading something about China before I set off and as I approached it all I could see were the stripes across the snout and the legs and my first thought was....BLOODY HELL! A PANDA! I soon corrected my ridiculous fuzzy morning head and the fact that I'd thought of something so ridiculous kept me smiling all the way to work. And entertained the office too.

Ranger

Seen yesterday. Chap cycling over the Forth Road Bridge, on the main carrigeway:eek:

They had to stop all the traffic at the old toll booths, so I can't imagine he was very popular

byegad

Legendary Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Last night about 6pm heard / spotted a chap playing the bagpipes in the middle of a field in the suffolk countryside.

Not the usual thing seen in these parts

It is well said that the bagpipes are best heard when played north of the border.

Suffolk sounds about right for hearing them though!!!!:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I moved out to the sticks over 18 months ago, and am lucky to have a predominantly nice route to work on country lanes. There is one particular cottage occupied by (I think) an single lady, probably in her 80s or thereabouts. I quite often see her out fairly early either hanging out washing or gardening.
We're getting closer to the strange bit......and it's the gardening that's the strange bit.......
There are 2 very large beds (c. 30x30ft each) cut into an immaculate lawn. The beds themselves are also immaculate: Always totally weed free, and raked to perfection, flat as anything with lovely straight rake-lines. However, in over 18 months of going past this place there has never been a single thing growing in either of these beds. Nothing. Is it just me or is that quite strange?
Answers on a postcard please...........or even on this forum.

Top Bottom