Unusual things seen on your commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Last night about 6pm heard / spotted a chap playing the bagpipes in the middle of a field in the suffolk countryside.

Not the usual thing seen in these parts

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Last night about 6pm heard / spotted a chap playing the bagpipes in the middle of a field in the suffolk countryside.

Not the usual thing seen in these parts

Och, I see that all the time. Was it a field of nettles and was he wearing a kilt....:biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Coming down Roseberry Avenue this morning, a gaggle of, must have been at least 30, maybe 40 traffic wardens waiting at the bus stop. Not usually a herd animal...

Ivan Ardon

Not all that unusual, but noticable by their reoccurrance over the last week or so, there has been a massive increase in the number of fit girlies (both cycling and jogging/walking) I pass in my commute each day.

I'm all in favour of global warming if this is the effect of a bit of warmer weather.

Kirst

Last June I saw a group of people hula-hooping and one was wearing Hammerpants. Had it been August I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but it was 2 months too early.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What are hammerpants?

MERV

Car on fire (twice).

A sofa and lamp driving towards Waterloo.(Southwark Street)
A tank driving from waterloo.(Southwark Street)
A car hitting another car and sort of bouncing off.(Southwark Street)

Peds lying in the road after being hit by vehicle.(Nr Leyton Tube and just past Mile End.)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
MERV said:
Car on fire (twice).

Last saturday on a ride in Gravesend, saw a burnt out car, not too strange, however it was also bent up double...how it ended like that I don't know.

MERV

Well I saw a car on fire at Leyton and another at Mile End with smoke coming from the engine when it was going along.When the driver stopped all hell broke loose.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I too have seen a bagpipe playing man!

Not to odd I suppose but this was on the canal - at lunchtime in the middle of Birmingham - oh and he was smoking a pipe! :evil:

I'm more used to seeing drug addicts and/or people off "Skint" along the canal usually!!!

small fish

A few years ago - pulled up at some traffic lights behind a private ambulance. As the lights changed the van pulled away sharply, the back doors burst open and a coffin flew out and smashed on the road.

I didn't hang around to see what was in it (but it was caught on CCTV from a nearby business and sent to the local paper - coffin was empty!)

Top Bottom