up for a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Okay so I've been asked to lead this ride to Bury St. Edmunds again on the 22nd of March. Happy to do so, and hoping for a big turn out. Again its and open invitation to all who want to join us. We're looking at a 0900 rollout time for those of you traveling in for the ride. The link I've provided is for the starting point to Abbey Gardens in Bury St. Edmund. We'll be looking to have tea or coffee in Bury along with a light snack or meal before returning. The route back will be reversed unless a change is agreed to. There will be more than one of us familiar with the route so we are able to support a fast and slow group if need be. I imagine we'll all be in it for the take it as it comes pace. Feel free to hit me up with any questuons.

RECAP RIDE OUT 22ND MARCH @0930 FROM CB8 7PZ TO ABBEY GARDENS IN BSE. FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN DOING THE 39 MILE RIDE CONTACT ME FOR STARTING TIME AND LOCATION.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... V77aPPToHg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Ok, I'd planned on staging from my house but it looks like the turn outs more than I expected. Jubilee field is about a half mile from the house and has parking for as many as we need at no fee. Here's to postcode for the meeting point for us 40 milers. Just park down by the field because the upper part of the car park by Sainsbury has a time limit. I'll be there by 0840. I'm doing the map for the 40 milers as well this morning.

Recreation Way

Mildenhall

Bury Saint Edmunds, Suffolk IP28 7HG
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z6oRe6P99rfo.kzFhxroG8NMQ

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Another great Sunday ride in the books, here's what you missed.

virb0001-00-00-00-000.jpg
virb0001-00-00-32-268.jpg
virb0001-00-12-39-660.jpg
virb0012-00-00-14-837.jpg
virb0022-00-07-44-459.jpg
virb0022-00-04-46-816.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Off for another Sunday adventure with two others so far. Feel free to join us if you can, the more the merrier
RALLY POINT:
Bury Road Filling Station
Bury Road
Kentford
Newmarket CB8 7PZ
We'll be meeting at Sunday 0800

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Thanks Jon and David for another great Sunday ride. Good times and great company as usual. For those that couldn't join us here's what you missed.

Attachments

• My Video-00-00-05-120.jpg
    My Video-00-00-05-120.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 40
  • My Video-00-00-20-034.jpg
    My Video-00-00-20-034.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 39
  • My Video-00-01-26-161.jpg
    My Video-00-01-26-161.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42
  • My Video-00-03-15-053.jpg
    My Video-00-03-15-053.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 41
  • My Video-00-02-43-575.jpg
    My Video-00-02-43-575.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 39
  • My Video-00-05-46-969.jpg
    My Video-00-05-46-969.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 38

jayjay

Veteran
What video setting do you run the Virb on please, Will? Just looking for tips as I haven't used mine much yet.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

What video setting do you run the Virb on please, Will? Just looking for tips as I haven't used mine much yet.

I normally run 720 economy on rides because the footage takes up so much space. Mainly because I edit the footage down to what I want after the ride. Which in 1080 four or 5 minutes will run you like 5 or 6 hundred megs, which isn't a lot in storage but a lifetime in upload time to sites like Youtube, and you can't post anything larger than 100mb to Facebook. I also use the interval setting on 1/2, 1, and 5 seconds just for a change now and again. I'm learning to make my own gauges and displays at the moment. The chooses are endless. I only have one gripe about the editing software and that is it does allow you to add photos. you can only add mp4 files to the editor.
Checkout my youtube page, I've got some interval videos and some straight chopped.

Oh, I was using the big off and on switch when I first started but the response time isn't as quick as I liked. Switched over to the camera being on and using the big thumb switch as more of a standby off and on button works much quicker, plus the gps is always correct. Instant record start with the big thumb button sometimes go on without gps data, at least until it picks up some satellites. Hardly the end of the world but it is the main reason I got the thing.
Hope that helps some, fell free to ask if you have anymore questions.

Will

jayjay

Veteran
It does thanks - I have been finding out about the switch. I do like it, no mess start and stop even if you can't see the camera, but yes the initialisation is slow like that I think it is finding satellites from a standing start. I tried mounting on the Sprint front light mount but it vibrated too much, so will be looking to make a mount on the seat frame next. Goes Ok on the Giro handlebars though it shows up my wobbly steering :smile:
Oh yes, Virb Edit will only run an older version on my (not old) pc, had to install version 2.0 !

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

I've only ever mounted mine on the handlebars, because your hands help to stabilize the fine vibration from the road. Then you only have worry about rocking while you pedal and hard jolts. Have you switched on the auto-stabilizer? I'm sure mine is always on. I like some of the bells and whistles on Virb edit software but I wish it was more all inclusive.(on about the picture thing again me). For a complete map of you'll your route you'll need to have your camera on standby at minimum. Did you now it store a fitness log of your ride as well? you have to use the goconnect software to pull it off your Virb. Its a bit annoying actually, because I would use it as a fitness tracker if it auto updated but it doesn't.

jayjay

Veteran
Yes used the stabiliser mode, the camera movement on the front mount overwhelmed it, introducing an angry buzz into the video whenever the road surface got lumpy.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Looks like we're at it again this Sunday. That would be Hoarder, myself, and hopefully Davyboy. Looks like we may get a little wet so govern yourself accordingly. As always the more the merrier, please feel free to join us. If you have any questions just ask. I will be riding back to Mildenhall after we reach point B on the map which is another 6 miles. This will make the entire ride roughly 31miles if you return to Angels Café, 23 miles point A to B. I will happily see anyone back to Angels Café if they drive in for the ride.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z6oRe6P99rfo.kdOgEl0avaWo

RALLY POINT:
Angels Cafe
8 Chiswick Avenue
Mildenhall
Bury St. Edmunds IP28 7AY
@0800

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Another Sunday ride in the books. Wasn't great weather but saying that we didn't get wet so I'd say we came out on top. We met up at Angels Café in Mildenhall, after some gadget talk we hit the road looking to lay came to a new underpass crossing the A11 in the name of Recumbent riders everywhere. Jon and I figured we were the first bent riders to use it based off the limited number in the area. In the process of claiming the underpass we found a lovely stretch of road we hadn't used before. Which will be going on the short list for our unplanned Imperial century ride. Brian showed us what his Evo K could really do on one of our climbs, it was very impressive. Our ride wasn't without calamity though, poor Brian had to adjust a chain tube and repair A flat. Had a fair few laughs from start to finish so I'd say a great ride. Thanks Hoarder and Brian.

Top Bottom