up for a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbly John

Veteran
I'm planning to ride, but I'm not bothered if you want to wait for better weather. Marco Stefano from Yacf was also talking about riding. neither of us have done much recumbent milage recently though.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Hope to see you in the morning, we're in no rush tomorrow so don't let the recumbent leg rust put you off. Slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

I was worried no one was going to show up but to my surprise Brian was fixing a leak when I arrived.(He organised the ride so I expect him there) To my surprise Brian wasn't in his Evo-k. Turns out it had a unfortunate tussle with his carport. He was on a new Bacchetta Giro 700. We were joined shortly by John and Mark, turns out John had a slow leak as well. I didn't get my pre-ride video with the camera because we were repairing leaks.
John's leak would come back to haunt us about 5 miles into the ride. The patch job didn't fix the leak and he didn't have a spare tube so he choose to turn back home. Which was just after we had repaired Brian's second puncture/pinch. After that it was smooth sailing until we'd had a pint and recovered a bit in Cambridge. We came out to set off and Brian had another puncture, so after a short walk/ride to Halfords we were ready for the road again. The rest of the ride was uneventful except for the weather turning a bit worse on us. All in all a Sunday well spent, thanks for watching.

Tortoise

Enjoyed that, thanks. I would have liked to have joined you but my 'bent riding skills haven't yet developed enough to be safe in any kind of group! Interesting variety of bike types. I recognise the Bacchetta (Corsa?) and the Fuego, but not the other two.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

You should have come anyway. Brian was breaking in his Corsa. He'd only done about 5 miles on it before Sunday. We had a Corsa, an M5 what model I'm not sure. I can fine out for you though? The Fuego and I was on PDQ.
There will be more rides so hopefully you'll feel up to joining us.

Will

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Here's the map for the ride on the 28th of June. I'm going to make the Show time 0900 unless anyone has reservations, if so I'm happy to push it back 10 or 1030. I've also added a beer stop at the Elveden Inn. Something to look forward to about 32km in. The total ride is 69km/43 miles and as usual the pace will be set by the slowest rider. We're out for a good time not a fast one. Davyboy and Brian have already informed me they're coming so hopefully some others can make it. As always the ride is open to anyone wanting to join us, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Vitals
Showtime 0900 at 28 June at Angel's Café8 Chiswick Avenue Mildenhall Bury St. Edmunds IP28 7AY which will be open for a drink or a bite before we set off
approx. 32km ride to our beer stop, I'm pretty sure they don't start serving lunch until noon so packing a snack is advisable.
37km back to our starting point

http://www.elvedeninn.com/
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z6oRe6P99rfo.kEoswV1WMu50&usp=sharing

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for a ride this Sunday, hope you can make it.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Well we pulled it off again. We set out thinking we may see a little drizzling, ha were we fooled. The rain was determined to have its way, but for some reason we had are fastest group ride to date, and I wager one of the funniest as well. I was joined by Dave on his Performer, Brian on his Bacchetta Giro, and Richard on his homebuilt AZ Warrior who drove in from Derbyshire (2hrs each way) I really appreciate that. Dave ended up doing over 65 miles, and Brian road over 80 before the day was over. Well done to both of them. I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I'll have to plan the next ride a bit further away from home so I can get in some extra miles. Thanks to the rain opening up as we stopped for our pint, one pint turned into 2. No complaints there, all in all a great time, hope you can make the next one.
I'm quite impressed with the spec of Richards (indeboat) Warrior. For the weight he got it moving quite well, well done Sir. Wish we would've seen a few more faces, but this won't be the last ride and the Mildenhall Rally will fast be upon us. Anyway I hope you enjoy the video, thanks again Rich, Dave, and Brian.

oh yeah please like and subscribe if you enjoy the videos on youtube, thanks.

Will

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Ok, this is for the ride on the 11th July. We will be riding to Nowton then back into Bury St. Edmunds for breakfast. Breakfast will be at the Station Steakhouse and Bar.
http://www.stationsteakhouse.co.uk/
We will be setting off at 0700 (sorry for the early start but one rider has an appointment in Nowton so the best push if any will be to 0730)
Leaving from:
Bury Road Filling Station
Bury Rd
Kentford
Newmarket CB8 7PZ
The map may change a little after hoarder reviews the route but it should be pretty firm.
as always all are welcome to join and feel free to contact me with any questions.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

I'm still working on the map for the ride on the 19th which will be leaving from Ely, I'm still working on the to where?

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Here's all the details for the 19th of Julys ride. We will be setting off from Ely. The meeting spot is a car park with free parking just below Ely Cathedral, it's the first link below. We'll be stopping at point B on the map for food and drink. It's the Bird in Hand Pub, which starts serving at noon on Sunday. I reckon we should arrive just about the time they open. We do have a second option which opens the same time but has a nice shaded seating area that's connected to the Lark River, which is Judes Ferry. I've added links for both below. I figured we could decide on the day. There is little climbing on this ride, just a lot of long flat Fen roads for the most part. Providing the winds stays down, it should be quite a nice jaunt. Hope to you see you there, as always all are welcome. As it stands there are 3 of us on the books for the ride. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
There is also an active ride for 11th so don't get your dates mixed up.

Vitals:
19 JULY
0930 SHOWTIME
ELY CAR PARK AT CB7 4AH

Will

Forehill Car Park, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 4AH, UK
http://www.gkmeetandeat.co.uk/locations ... d-beck-row
http://www.judesferry.com/
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Well that was a nice ride. Showed up at the rally point and Dave beat me there again. We waited for Jon to show up and he surprised us by showing up on the Lepus he has been restoring. He's done quite a good job bringing it back to life. The only regular missing was Brian, he had other entanglements. No guest riders this week.
We headed for Nowton to cheer on Jons daughter in a 5k run she was doing. She was nice enough to relieve us of any cheering duties so we could have a hot drink and chat away. After the run we headed back into Bury for some breakfast at the Station Steakhouse, it went down a treat.
I had a hard time editing the footage because it was so nice out. I guess that's a good problem the have. Thanks for reading and watching.
We have a ride on the 19th leaving from Ely feel free to join us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

I'm getting anxious for this Sundays ride. Looks like the weather has improved, so we're in for warm weather with partially sunny skies with a bit of wind. Makes a change from the chance of rain it has been teasing us with all week. Anyway hope to see whomever is considering the ride, until then cheers

Will

Last edited:
Top Bottom